New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Your statues/figures/collectibles - in the real world - show them here!

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 900
3Jane
edited October 20 in Off-Topic
In classic Home there was a nice display of statues/collectibles - like (see the background walls):

And Oculus seems to promote statues/collectibles quite a lot in Home 2.0, for example:

Billedresultat for home oculus

Even though I don't want such stuff in my Oculus Home, I have collected a few statues in the real world, and I was wondering if there are other statue collectors in here?

I'm trying not to convert my man cave into a dollhouse - so far I've gotten these few:

b32_zpslvidprqqjpg

Close-up:

It's not something you'll easily find on eBay ;-) The weight statue + base  is close to 10 kg, scale is 1/4. 

BTW, here it's next to my Tintin statue: 
290320154706_zpsxjk94zfnjpg

Got this one too - of course bought it without first discussing it with the wife - it appears the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is really low on this one, at least she said a lot of words to greatly support the swear jar when she saw it:

Hidden in plain sight, yes it's Hulk-green furniture and Galactus-colored cushions ;-)
photo 2_zpsbbjqfn0vjpg

Then got some more of Miller's Batman - maybe slightly boring stuff:

DSC_1097thumbJPGcfdfca539b7999ff80462f56a27dd633JPG

My only Spidey statue:

Also just bought this one, it's still in the mail - I've already prepared a speech to the wife starting with the words "Just when you thought WAF couldn't get any lower" (still need to write some more I guess, sigh...)

dc-comics-swamp-thing-maquette-sideshow-300654-17jpgbee8e72530be9fd05c730056a7190971jpg

BTW, just saw this one - looks great (probably won't be shipping before late next year or 2020), but I'm running out of space for such large statues - it's really not something that should be close to your VR play area  :D

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)

Comments

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,361 Poster of the Week

Sideshow miniatures are freaking awesome but man are they expensive.

You have some serious wife aggro inbound!

As far myself aside from some pop figures I never collected statues.

WAAAGH!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,327 Power Poster
    That Punisher one is awesome!!!! One of my favourite superheroes because he's a complete fucking nutjob lol :D :D :D

Michael Keaton in those two Burton directed Batman films has been the best Batman so far for my money, he portrayed Batman as a real headcase, helped by Burton having both of those films so fucking DARK lol B) :D B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 900
    3Jane
    edited October 20
    Morgrum said:

Sideshow miniatures are freaking awesome but man are they expensive.

You have some serious wife aggro inbound!

As far myself aside from some pop figures I never collected statues.

I'm sure pop figures would be more than welcome in this thread - figures/statues whatever you love to display :)

But yes - especially this one did surprise me 3 days ago -  16k for a Sideshow Grey Hulk 20" Premium statue  :o

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

3Jane
    edited October 20
    snowdog said:
    That Punisher one is awesome!!!! One of my favourite superheroes because he's a complete fucking nutjob lol :D :D :D

Michael Keaton in those two Burton directed Batman films has been the best Batman so far for my money, he portrayed Batman as a real headcase, helped by Burton having both of those films so fucking DARK lol B) :D B)

Maybe you watched this too - I'm greatly anticipating DD Season 3:

And just saw that Swampy is back next year  B)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8362852/

3Jane

Got an e-mail from Sideshow today (Dec 12), so my statue has finally shipped. And then I clicked on the tracking number guessing that the large package would arrive sometime next week, but no...  :#

Fortunately I was working home today, but fun to see a 38 lbs package travelling half around the globe in one day. Then again, I could have bought an Odyssey+ at full price for the amount I paid for shipping and VAT alone, sigh.  

Well, at least it's here - I do hope I'll enjoy it more than the 2080 Ti I could have bought instead  ;)

I'm not unwrapping the thing just yet - need to make room for it first - and with this size there's just no way it'll fit under the Christmas tree, lol Maybe I should hide the box before my dear wife gets home, sees the box and then experiences a tonic-clonic seizure, hmmm.  

Not sure how the present this to her, maybe like "Hey honey, I just bought something in a box the size of our youngest son!". This could so easily turn into a Bonnie Situation!  :# :wink: