cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your statues/figures/collectibles - in the real world - show them here!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
In classic Home there was a nice display of statues/collectibles - like (see the background walls):

218h19y50m85.jpg

And Oculus seems to promote statues/collectibles quite a lot in Home 2.0, for example:

Billedresultat for home oculus

Even though I don't want such stuff in my Oculus Home, I have collected a few statues in the real world, and I was wondering if there are other statue collectors in here?

I'm trying not to convert my man cave into a dollhouse - so far I've gotten these few:

b32_zpslvidprqqjpg

7trwlpna4u52.jpg

Close-up:
aea7npmxev14.jpg

It's not something you'll easily find on eBay 😉 The weight statue + base  is close to 10 kg, scale is 1/4. 
hranvqk1cpl2.jpg

BTW, here it's next to my Tintin statue: 
290320154706_zpsxjk94zfnjpg

Got this one too - of course bought it without first discussing it with the wife - it appears the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is really low on this one, at least she said a lot of words to greatly support the swear jar when she saw it:

Hidden in plain sight, yes it's Hulk-green furniture and Galactus-colored cushions 😉
photo 2_zpsbbjqfn0vjpg

Then got some more of Miller's Batman - maybe slightly boring stuff:

DSC_1097thumbJPGcfdfca539b7999ff80462f56a27dd633JPG

My only Spidey statue:

8yapg6m34n9d.jpg

Also just bought this one, it's still in the mail - I've already prepared a speech to the wife starting with the words "Just when you thought WAF couldn't get any lower" (still need to write some more I guess, sigh...)

https://youtu.be/NIAzsKzeB5c

iefapr99cqbl.jpg

dc-comics-swamp-thing-maquette-sideshow-300654-17jpgbee8e72530be9fd05c730056a7190971jpg

BTW, just saw this one - looks great (probably won't be shipping before late next year or 2020), but I'm running out of space for such large statues - it's really not something that should be close to your VR play area  😄

xg0rawgxopm5.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

47 REPLIES 47

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Sideshow miniatures are freaking awesome but man are they expensive.

You have some serious wife aggro inbound!

As far myself aside from some pop figures I never collected statues.

WAAAGH!

Anonymous
Not applicable
That Punisher one is awesome!!!! One of my favourite superheroes because he's a complete fucking nutjob lol 😄 😄 😄

Michael Keaton in those two Burton directed Batman films has been the best Batman so far for my money, he portrayed Batman as a real headcase, helped by Burton having both of those films so fucking DARK lol B) 😄 B)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Morgrum said:

Sideshow miniatures are freaking awesome but man are they expensive.

You have some serious wife aggro inbound!

As far myself aside from some pop figures I never collected statues.

I'm sure pop figures would be more than welcome in this thread - figures/statues whatever you love to display 🙂

But yes - especially this one did surprise me 3 days ago -  16k for a Sideshow Grey Hulk 20" Premium statue  😮

hka4mqagmc3j.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

That Punisher one is awesome!!!! One of my favourite superheroes because he's a complete fucking nutjob lol 😄 😄 😄

Michael Keaton in those two Burton directed Batman films has been the best Batman so far for my money, he portrayed Batman as a real headcase, helped by Burton having both of those films so fucking DARK lol B) 😄 B)

Maybe you watched this too - I'm greatly anticipating DD Season 3:

https://youtu.be/lIY6zFL95hE

And just saw that Swampy is back next year  B)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8362852/

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Got an e-mail from Sideshow today (Dec 12), so my statue has finally shipped. And then I clicked on the tracking number guessing that the large package would arrive sometime next week, but no...  :#

bzo548j0pg43.jpg

Fortunately I was working home today, but fun to see a 38 lbs package travelling half around the globe in one day. Then again, I could have bought an Odyssey+ at full price for the amount I paid for shipping and VAT alone, sigh.  

Well, at least it's here - I do hope I'll enjoy it more than the 2080 Ti I could have bought instead  😉

w6nq1q60emps.jpg

I'm not unwrapping the thing just yet - need to make room for it first - and with this size there's just no way it'll fit under the Christmas tree, lol Maybe I should hide the box before my dear wife gets home, sees the box and then experiences a tonic-clonic seizure, hmmm.  

Not sure how the present this to her, maybe like "Hey honey, I just bought something in a box the size of our youngest son!". This could so easily turn into a Bonnie Situation!  :# :wink:

https://youtu.be/S7yO4e9h5Mg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just got it up (no pun intended), I'll probably just leave it hidden in plain sight - it took her one month to notice the 2.5 feet tall Galactus statue (she doesn't visit my man cave often, still no pun intended). So let's see how long it'll take her to notice this 2 feet tall statue - and I'm covered, one of my friends told me I could stay at his place if needed, until her good mood returns  😉 (yes that was a joke)

One thing I've learned over the years - don't ask what the wife thinks about some stuff you really want, just buy it  B)

o08qz7e7g7ze.jpg

The above photo was taken with my smartphone, using a real camera Swampy looks like this, he's hand painted by Sideshow artists:

pplgogv4q3sn.jpg

Yeah, the little pink fellow is Cranius, he probably has even lower WAF than Swampy, but man does Cranius look great  ❤️

2if28qbcsdf8.jpg

zle0hlgj6u6q.jpg
nvpdeyqwoc7o.jpg

I should be getting back to VR, then again I still need to finish reading these awesome books:

Image result for swamp thing alan moore

PS. Anyone saw the product placement in Big Bang Theory one year before you could actually get the statue? - That's where I saw it first - love at first sight!

1thumbJPG9951513d93a7cbf540e19e0bef5ae36aJPG

2JPGead12e54e496d7c353c1a474fbcb5089JPG

Swampy's weight is 27.6 lbs (12.5 kg), he's anything but a toy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your divorce is in the post, make sure you sign it. 😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
All I want for Christmas  ❤️ - but the wife gave me her special look making me understand that we're not exactly on the same page  :s  😄

This would indeed be the ultimate statue to have in the living room! (It's the perfect illustration of what marriage feels like!  😄 )

nd513kfri1e1.jpg
ain4b71g81ui.jpg
3kubbfn8xbtd.jpg

Product Size: 91" H (2311.4mm) x 36" W (914.4mm) x 39" L (990.6mm)*
Product Weight: 300.00 lbs (136.08 kg)*

$8000 does feel kinda cheap for the statue - but I fear for the shipping price and the VAT 😉 Well, maybe in another life... sigh... 

BTW, Dubai Mall has the world's largest collection of Sideshow Star Wars Life Size figures - each costs about $8k (without shipping and VAT):

https://youtu.be/iZtQHRuyIwk

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Here's one... 90lbs and 5'3" £1600.

b4ufg45cdgl3.jpg

Not really, but I'd love to own one but that would likely cause a rift with the missus.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.