cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Citizen Webcam Face Tracking! (FOIP)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Omg this is more than i ever expected from face tracking. I suggested it could be used for full body but this is awesome. CAP2 tracks head movement. Elite Dangerous needs one like these two. 
https://youtu.be/CX-c78SURpI
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
"It looks like I have a stroke, so is it in the game, or is it IRL?" : LOL.

Okay, that looks really impressive! Although we can't really use it with a VR headset on xD. Well, we could get the jaw, so it may be worth a try.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Tha's fun but I'm not really impressed, my daughter can do that with her smartphone for years, swapping her face with a cat or an alien. Saying that I can see the potential in games. It will take sometimes to get that on our VR Headset as eyes tracking and microphone is not enough for facial expressions like this.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Howcome you guys linked this to VR/Rift? Am i missing something? I thought they said Star Citizen wouldn't be VR compatible?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

YoLolo69
Trustee
Agree, should be move in off-topic section IMHO

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Howcome you guys linked this to VR/Rift? Am i missing something? I thought they said Star Citizen wouldn't be VR compatible?

I'm sure it will be VR compatible when it eventually releases in 2037 because by that time EVERYONE on the planet will own a VR headset lol 😮 😛 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes VR was in the Kickstarter Plan. If not available upon release then that's another massive compen!
This does still compliment VR due to:-
* Your face is not on a video and uses a character avatar instead obviously
* The cam can still track mouth movements for talking but could be done by vowel sounds as in VIETCONG
* The cam tracks head movements as used by CAP2 (Harrier Jump Jet Game in development) but does not need a webcam for that

Who would not want that in say Elite?

A_Force
Expert Protege
This is awesome haha..
Say what you want about Star citizen development, they do create some cool tech nonetheless.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
After seeing this thread I did some research on Star Citizen and VR yesterday and it seems they will be implementing VR eventually so that's a good sign.

And another good sign is they said they created a floating UI system in the game so that the UI will specifically work for VR, so they're already designed features in the game specifically for VR compatibility in the future which is aweosme.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!