cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus - Any plans to offer Virtual Link for Rift? Virtual Link Works!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice now that GPU's are out with Virtual Link C- ports if we had a Virtual Link cable for our headsets.
Was wondering if Oculus might offer a Virtual Link cable at some point for the Rift?
Or is this something that would just need to be built into the headset for the next gen product?
73 REPLIES 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
No need for a cable. @LZoltowski has bought an adaptor and tried it out. You plug the HDMI and sensors into it and it has a USB-C cable at the other end if I'm remembering correctly.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup one of these I believe ? = https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142980518844
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

LZoltowski
Champion
I dont own it myself but I have seen many reports where a USB-C hub works perfectly, not only that but I have seen reports where The Rift HDMI, Rift USB and 2 Sensors are running off the VirtualLink port with no issues.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whooeee, thanks guys I will be all over that !
" I got to get me one of these lol ".

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont own it myself but I have seen many reports where a USB-C hub works perfectly, not only that but I have seen reports where The Rift HDMI, Rift USB and 2 Sensors are running off the VirtualLink port with no issues.

Do you know - is it the one Techy linked to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. Maybe it was @cybereality I was thinking of? All of you mods look the same to me, greedy with POWAH!!!  😛 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

Oh. Maybe it was @cybereality I was thinking of? All of you mods look the same to me, greedy with POWAH!!!  😛 😄

Maybe that was it, I had seen his link to it but never heard back if he has tried it - pretty sure he got one.
Maybe I will go ahead and order and hope it is one that works. I really want this.

Now I just gotta find his post where he linked to the one he was going to get.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found it, I had saved in my favorites lol.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-type-c-to-hdmi-multiport-adapter-with-power-delivery-white...

This is the one @cybereality linked to. Think I will give this a try.

My local Best Buy shows in stock, may see if I can get down there and pick up today.

Hmm that Insignia at Best But does not have enough ports it would seem to plug in two sensors.

LZoltowski
Champion

dburne said:

Found it, I had saved in my favorites lol.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-type-c-to-hdmi-multiport-adapter-with-power-delivery-white...

This is the one @cybereality linked to. Think I will give this a try.

My local Best Buy shows in stock, may see if I can get down there and pick up today.

Let us know how you get on. If it works as others claim, RTX upgrade makes a lot more sense for VR enthusiasts!

VirtualLink is said to be a lot more stable as it delivers much better and stable power than standard USB ports.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂