New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Google Earth VR Not Working With Rift. (Black Screen on headset)

MichaelMotorcyclMichaelMotorcycl Posts: 3
NerveGear
When I launch Google Earth VR, it works perfectly on the computer's screen but the screen on the Rift goes completely black. My computer specs are listed below along with my GPU driver version. Everything else seems to work fine except for Google Earth. The headset/controller tracking still works fine for it though, it is just the picture doesn't show up on the screen.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core @ 4.0GHz
MotherBoard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 (AMD 970)
Ram: 8GB (4GBx4) (DDR3-1600)
GPU: RX 480 4gb VR Ready (Driver Version: 18.10.2)

Comments

• MichaelMotorcyclMichaelMotorcycl Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Also, for more computer specs, visit here: https://techgage.com/article/a-look-at-cyberpowerpcs-gua2400bst-amd-vr-gaming-pc/
    I upgraded my RAM and added an SSD, btw.
  • BionniicFoxBionniicFox Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue, just a black screen and some sounds
  • Crow2112Crow2112 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm only two days in, but I am experiencing the same problem. My only work around, has been to start GE VR from the Steam menu. If I use the Oculus to start, black screen. 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 700
    3Jane
    Actually I started to have a few problems with Google Earth VR from the Oculus Store a couple of weeks ago.  No black screen, but often my controllers would not show up so I could not progress beyond the Building Earth screen.  My solution was to uninstall it and download the Steam version (both are free btw).  Once I've started it up within my Steam/library or by the desktop shortcut, the next time it appears in my Core 2 home apps and I can then just select it from there.  So far this has worked well for me and it also lets me choose Steam Super Sampling (I use 1.8) to improve the image a bit.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!