New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Crackling Audio

NYANWEEGEENYANWEEGEE Posts: 2
NerveGear
I've tried changing ports, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling Oculus, screwing the headphones in, several restarts, changing audio conditions and sample rates, nothing. Is there a magic fix out there? Or is Oculus Team already working on a fix?

Comments

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,098
    Wintermute
    Do you have the problem immediately when using Rift or it come after a while? Mine came after a while so I knew it was software, and changing sampling rate to CD quality (be sure to do it for the Rift, I made a first attempts by wrongly changing sampling rate for one of my other audio outputs) fixed the issue.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• ThmoasThmoas Posts: 301
    Trinity
    edited November 2018
    YoLolo69 said:
    Do you have the problem immediately when using Rift or it come after a while? Mine came after a while so I knew it was software, and changing sampling rate to CD quality (be sure to do it for the Rift, I made a first attempts by wrongly changing sampling rate for one of my other audio outputs) fixed the issue.
    I also have audio crackling when using certain USB ports and certain USB cables, though everything else works fine. Will try this, thanks!
  • NYANWEEGEENYANWEEGEE Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    YoLolo69 said:
    It came after, I've had my Rift for almost a year now. it may be a grounding issue
  • LonzoracerLonzoracer Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Possible Fix:

I also had these constant audio issues (crackles) with my Oculus Rift, tried all sort of things like using different USB ports (2.0 & 3.0), powered USB hubs, reinstalled Oculus Software, uninstalled Rift Audio driver etc. and finally FIXED IT by rolling back the Rift audio driver:

This is how it's done (step by step):

Left click the Windows Start Icon at the bottom left of your screen, open Device Manager - unfold Sound, video and game controllers - right click Rift Audio - choose Properties - chose tab Driver - click Roll Back Driver.

Windows 10 then rolled back to this driver: 
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 11/04/2018
    Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

No more crackling audio, no matter what USB ports I use :)

I hope this helps!