KartKraft Early Access Release — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

KartKraft Early Access Release

DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,721 Valuable Player
edited November 2018 in General

Yeah, so I see KartKraft has gotten to the Steam early access stage after more than 3 years of development!!! I was following this sim in the early days but kind of assumed it had disappeared so was a bit surprised to see it appear on Steam.

Although the developer demo'd the sim using a DK2 in 2015, VR doesn't appear to be slated for inclusion until final release so I probably won't be buying it until then but if anyone tries this out, I'd be very interested in what you think, particularly compared to the Karting in Project CARS 2 which I think is pretty good.

An alternative is KartSim but that's £400 :o ...but includes Buckmore Park, the only track I've karted on.

From 2015...

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)

Comments

• Protocol7Protocol7 Posts: 276
    Nexus 6
    This looks interesting!

KartSim Pro is expensive but they made a much more affordable addon for rFactor2 (which has native VR support now)
    It includes 3 laser scanned tracks including Buckmore Park

I haven't bought the KartSim DLC but I have rFactor 2 and it works well in VR

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,721 Valuable Player

@Protcol7, ah that rFactor2 addon looks like the same product that they're describing on their own website as the demo version of the full software. I wasn't sure if their was a time limit on the demo but it doesn't seem like there is. In which case, they're asking for £380 more for software that basically has 4 more karts and 6 more tracks.... unless there are other features locked out of the demo, that seems a bit steep to me.

But yeah the demo has Buckmore Park so I think I'll take the plunge on that + rFactor 2.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)