New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

NEW Oculus GO Case

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,103 Power Poster
There are several GO Case options that have already existed on the Market, but Oculus is releasing their own case. I just pre-ordered mine on Amazon.com:

But it's available from Oculus direct via oculus.com

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,101 Oculus Staff
    Thanks for posting. I think you'll be really happy with the quality.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Rob_In_PhoenixRob_In_Phoenix Posts: 285
    Nexus 6
    This case looks nice.  Seems there's plenty of room for remote batteries and ear buds if needed.

My concern is this - when holding the strap with the case hanging below, would the head strap on the headset fall in towards the detector and trigger the screens to turn on while inside the case?

Probably there is a work around for this but it could be a nuisance issue.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,103 Power Poster
    Well remember that you can hold the power button down for 20 seconds to truly power it off. The sensor can't auto-turn-on at this point.
    :)
    Nexus 6
    Ahh of course.  I never actually power mine down because it sits on the shelf next to my desk so the ol' power it all the way down trick somehow eluded me.  I'll have to remember the GO actually does have this feature.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,320
    Project 2501
    I would prefer more padding IMHO.  It doesn't look like it has nearly enough.
    I already have mine. This case is fabulous. While extra padding would be nice, it is both lightweight and sturdy. Not to mention, sleek and sexy.
  • Thunderbox.EntThunderbox.Ent Posts: 17 Oculus Start Member
    edited November 7
    Drat. Just saw this. I have literally just received a hard case I ordered from Amazon. The official Oculus case looks way more snazzy.
    :'(
    Drat. Just saw this. I have literally just received a hard case I ordered from Amazon. The official Oculus case looks way more snazzy.
    I almost bought that exact same case from Best Buy! I waited though. I didn't like the way that case pressed down on the GO.
  • fixit35fixit35 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    i am using the original gear vr innovator edition case works good for the go

Nexus 6
    Zenbane said:
    I already have mine. This case is fabulous. While extra padding would be nice, it is both lightweight and sturdy. Not to mention, sleek and sexy.

That's great to hear.  I think I might order this case this weekend.  It looks like a hard shell case resistant to some degree of impact.  Is this true, Zen?

Thanks.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,581 Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 11
    Amazon says that I can get the case price dropped from $35 to $32.91 if I trade in a Steam Controller.
    Wow, I don't like my Steam Controller, but even I think it's worth more than $2.09.
    :)

Amazon AU don't have the official case.
    Amazon has it and ships here, but it costs $67au when shipping is added. ($48.42au for the case, rest is shipping)
    Oculus.com have it for $55au with free shipping.

Edit: Ok, I was about to buy one, but the oculus order form has gone strange since I last ordered something (the Go). The address part now has no state, no country, but wants me to enter my suburb twice (in australian addresses, city and county mean the same thing: a suburb. The oculus page wants both a city and a county).

@cybereality is that an error, should the form say "Country" instead of "County"?

• Thunderbox.EntThunderbox.Ent Posts: 17 Oculus Start Member
    Zenbane said:
    I almost bought that exact same case from Best Buy! I waited though. I didn't like the way that case pressed down on the GO.
    Yeah - I cut all the foam and realised that the GO is actually a little to tall for the case. Looks like I will be ordering that Oculus case after all!
    :( :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,350 Volunteer Moderator
    Amazing, ordered.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Zenbane said:

That's great to hear.  I think I might order this case this weekend.  It looks like a hard shell case resistant to some degree of impact.  Is this true, Zen?

Thanks.

Yep! I can drop this case without worrying about my GO. Oculus hardware is pretty sturdy overall anyway. I've punched my Rift and dropped it so many times. And the abuse the Touch controllers have taken is exceptional. This GO case will protect the HMD well.
    Nexus 6
    Thanks Zen for the feedback.  I just now ordered it from Amazon.  I'll have it Tuesday.
  • robinoculusnlrobinoculusnl Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I have the Oculus case from AliExpress, great quality and enough space!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,101 Oculus Staff
    edited November 15
    kojack said:
    @cybereality is that an error, should the form say "Country" instead of "County"?

I think that's right. County/region would be the equivalent of State in the US. Country is already set on the previous page.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • NeloDiavoloNeloDiavolo Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    I just got mine from Amazon a few days ago. Real nice quality and fits my go perfectly. I finally can ditch the original box that I was using as a storage case  :D Now I'm motivated to bring it with me more often. 

It would be awesome if we could get an official case for the Rift as well.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,581 Volunteer Moderator
    I ordered one from Oculus on Wednesday.
    Thursday it had traveled from hong kong to singapore to australia.
    Friday (today) it turned up at my house. Although I was at work, so I have to wait for redelivery on monday.
    I love the way Oculus ships here now, orders of magnitude better than the DK1/DK2 days. :)

Looking at the order form stuff...
    As I said before, the order form asked for "County/Region". I put my state (queensland), even though the australian postal service says county means suburb.
    In the order email, "queensland" appeared under the heading: "state/province" and AU was listed as "country/region".

So we have "county/region" meaning state on the order form and "country/region" meaning country on the receipt.
    That really should be fixed (it never used to do that, it was changed some time after the Go came out).
    But at least it made it here.