New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

“Oculus app runtime has stopped” + freezing

Bears_are_coolBears_are_cool Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited November 2018 in Support
When I turned my Oculus Go 32GB on today the screen froze and I got the message in the title. When I open the app again it works for literally 1 second and then freezes until I get the same message again and this cycle just repeats.

I did a factory reset from the iOS app. The setup on the go worked fine until it finished once I got to the home screen and I got the exact same error.  

What is the cause of this ? I bought the device less than 6 months ago from Amazon in the UK.

Comments

• activaccion2018activaccion2018 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem... Does anybody know how to fix that?

• brianosaurbrianosaur Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same thing, factory reset through the Android app .The Go worked for about 3 minutes and now I'm back to constant crashing and the "Oculus App Runtime has stopped" error message. 
  • RabidChildRabidChild Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yep, same here. It runs for a few seconds, the background starts moving with my head then I get the error "Oculus App Runtime Keeps Crashing". Then it asks if I want to open the app again. If I click "Open Again", it does the whole thing again. Anybody know if there was an update in the last 24 hours?
  • pjezekpjezek Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue with Oculus Go 64GB and IOS... Factory reset did not solve anything. 
  • Haroun74Haroun74 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue and I just bought my Oculus Go 1 week ago  :/
  • soloescorpiosoloescorpio Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    tengo el mismo problema oculus app runtime. por lo que veo 0 solución por parte de la empresa.

• captainmorgan1982captainmorgan1982 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Yep, same here. It runs for a few seconds, the background starts moving with my head then I get the error "Oculus App Runtime Keeps Crashing". Then it asks if I want to open the app again. If I click "Open Again", it does the whole thing again. Anybody know if there was an update in the last 24 hours?
    Same issue here!! 
  • SilentMonkeeSilentMonkee Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just received my 64GB Oculus Go paired with iOS same issue.  I guess it's going back.
  • jamiefischer21jamiefischer21 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just received my Oculus Go 64 today. Worked when I first set it up. Let it charge and now I have the same issue with Runtime app crashing
  • mc3productionmc3production Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I’m having the same issues with repeated Oculus crashes and I just purchased it today.  It was working great and then all of a sudden I keep getting the same Oculus AppRuntime Error. Tried rebooting and restarting and still no luck. Anybody figure out a solution?
  • El-NegroEl-Negro Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited November 2018
    same here. it`s so disappointing. need help, immedeatly. no firmware in the internet available. download mode uselesse, without any firmware download and flash tool... factory reset useless. i can reconnect the glasses to my phone, but the runtime error appears again.
  • mifra1212mifra1212 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue here
  • GeziBeltzaGeziBeltza Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    It's oculus servers problem, I have blocked the Internet output of my oculus go and it works perfectly, it's not a problem of our units

• pjezekpjezek Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    If I disable network: I can at least use the installed software on it without a crash. (forget known networks in settings from your phone's app)
    I guess it's a service which is  down and home expects it to be online.
  • GeziBeltzaGeziBeltza Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Exactly, that's what I think, too.

• bonnie.damronbonnie.damron Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Bummer wish I was advised of this before they had me factory reset. I disconnected the internet and it’s working just now I have no downloaded apps to play. LOL. Bedtime. 
  • digitalnikodigitalniko Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Reset a few times before seeing this.  Bastards!
  • ciceroclaytonciceroclayton Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The error also occurs with me. any information about the fix?
  • RadianWearRadianWear Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    IT sounds like a server issue, wish they would make an official post.
  • RepressedPeach0RepressedPeach0 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Took me forever to find you guys and realize it's a current issue and I'm not alone.

Thanks!
  • mathieu.beaulieu.12mathieu.beaulieu.12 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Chat support confirmed it, servers issue, working on it.
  • C0unt_Zer0C0unt_Zer0 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. I hope this is fixed soon.
    NerveGear
    Chat support confirmed it, servers issue, working on it.
    Thank you for the update, Mathieu. That's good to know.
  • DarmoedDarmoed Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue with Oculus Go 64GB
    NerveGear
    It appears to be working again. I just ran the Go for 12 minutes without issues.
  • brianosaurbrianosaur Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Also working now for me. 
  • C0unt_Zer0C0unt_Zer0 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Working for me as well.