New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

10 months in...software no longer working. Can't update.

I have manually uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled my AV, run in safe mode, submitted logs to support and everything in between (numerous times). I am just about to add exclusions to windows defender (although support are not being very helpful in exactly how I do this)...nothing appears to work. Support appear to clutching at straws...looking for any suggestions to assist. It's my sons birthday in 2 weeks and he wants to have mates over to play on Oculus. I've been back and forth for 3 weeks....I am not technical at all and I'm struggling and getting no where. It's been an utter disappointment and a lot of money down the drain as we bought a properly spec'd PC specifically to use with Rift. It just says it can't update as there is not enough space....but there is?! I have 45GB of free space on the C drive and a 2TB additional hard drive. HELP!

Answers

• SneakyglowormSneakygloworm Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist
    You say the pc is new. Has the 2tb drive been formatted to ntfs . Have you copied files to it at all? If you open windows Explorer? With the icons of the hard drives, then right click on a drive and choose properties . It will say local disk at the top, then underneath it will give the file type. It should be ntfs. If it is, it's another type of issue. If it says FAT...then that could be the problem. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    45GB is not a lot. The current software has a lot of art assets for home that can take up that much space. Please see this article for how to install on your other drive. https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV