New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Black screen graphix card issue

So my rift was working fine until one day i just got a notification saying i needed to try updating my graphics card. So i did. I went on nvidia and updates it. Still didnt work. I uninstalled and tried again still nothing. I checked all my cable swapped some around still nothing. Idk what to do. My stuff is all new computer and all. Idk shit about computers so simple steps and explanations would help alot thanks.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 380
    Trinity
    You are probably best to start a support ticket and have Oculus support walk you through all this.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • robbiejorgensen41robbiejorgensen41 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    You are probably best to start a support ticket and have Oculus support walk you through all this.
    I did send them an email and i did what they told me too. I forgot to include it. 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 380
    Trinity
    So, you ran diagnostics and sent log files to them?  If so it might take a day or two for them to analysis these.  Hang in there and try to work it though with them.  Good luck and please let us know how you make out.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • robbiejorgensen41robbiejorgensen41 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    So, you ran diagnostics and sent log files to them?  If so it might take a day or two for them to analysis these.  Hang in there and try to work it though with them.  Good luck and please let us know how you make out.
    I dont even know what that is or how to do it. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,055 Oculus Staff
    Please speak with us on the support ticket. We can explain the process. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV