New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Sticky trigger on the right controller

InfCharmeInfCharme Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi, I bought my Rift about a month ago and absolutely loving it. However, for the past week, the trigger on only the right controller has been sticky/stuck and won't come out fully, almost like something is stuck in there. This makes it near-impossible to play games, especially shooting ones as the input is constantly pressed down and requires me physically pulling out the trigger to stop, when obviously it should just rebound back out itself.
Has anyone else had this issue and how was it fixed? I've seen a few posts about a little rubber pad stuck inside the trigger area but some light shaking and a bit of prying hasn't done anything to help.
Thanks.

Comments

• KNP54KNP54 Posts: 221
    Art3mis
    edited November 8
    Definitely the infamous rubber pad... Keep pressing and releasing the trigger, the rubber pad will eventually come out... If you have small tweezers, try to grab the pad with them. Once it's out, the trigger will function normally again, just with a louder sound when pressing the trigger. The pad is very small (approx. 2mm semi-circle)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,077 Oculus Staff
    Please submit a support ticket. You may be eligible for replacement. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV