New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift 1.32 Release Rolling Out Now

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,055 Oculus Staff
edited November 6 in Oculus Rift + Touch
  • Dash
    • Menu Improvements: Added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view.
    • Various performance improvements
  • Oculus Home
    • Embedded Panel Support for Custom Objects: You can now add embedded panels to custom 3D objects for importing to Home. This currently only works for solo users.
    • Home Menu: Updated fonts and added new localization options for improved functionality and visuals. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 1,581
    Project 2501
    edited November 6
    User Guide?
    Do tell...
    Where can I find that?
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 992 Poster of the Week
    I too would like to know where the user guide is :)

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited November 6

https://support.oculus.com/guides/rift/latest/concepts/book-rug/   ?

Though it does seem a bit out of date?
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,055 Oculus Staff
    Sorry for the confusion. The guide is being updated now, I'll post a link when it's ready.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,581
    Project 2501
    Sorry for the confusion. The guide is being updated now, I'll post a link when it's ready.
    Sounds good - looking forward to getting it. It will be good to have.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 992 Poster of the Week
     yeah, the current version doesn't even talk about Dash. lol
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 626
    Neo
    edited November 6
    Crikey!
    I just noticed that the Oculus Desktop App no longer displays my real name. (on the main page)

Did this happen with 1.32 or earlier? Thank you to whoever is listening at Oculus.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • melgueririmelgueriri Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Does this release also offer a solution to switch off in VR notifications? I posted underneath post already in the 1.32 Beta thread, but didn't get an answer.

>>>>>>>>>>>
    LZoltowski said:
    I just noticed that you can turn "in VR notifications off!" Woohoo, no more popups during games. Yay!
    Could you please tell me where I can switch those VR notifications off? Been having issues with notifications appearing in my VR while I'm in the middle of a game. That's just so annoying and I just can't get the notifications te disappear. Yesterday I had a notification of one of my sensors not working properly during 2 hours of racing in RFactor2 in a league race. Never had those notifications until the recent Oculus Home update, but can't seem to get rid of them. Some help would on this, would be very much appreciated!

Btw: I got all 4 notification options in the notification menu switched to off already and still I get the annoying in game notifications.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Lostinthought68Lostinthought68 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Ok I just got this update, but the world seems to be shifting about as if I am drunk. At first I thought it was just the game I went to play, but it is when I am at HOME. It shifts to the left or right then back, also front to back. IT does not seem like stutter, but movement. Anyone one else getting this.

This is the first time I have had this problem.

Can you please submit a bug report? You can do this in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) by clicking Provide Feedback.
  • Lostinthought68Lostinthought68 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    ok will do.
  • DarlOculusDarlOculus Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited November 7
    With this release. Is there also a fix for the stutter we have all been having in the past ? I dont see why no one seems to be asking this question since the posting of Rift 1.32. And yes I have posted a "bug report". All the suggestions to fix it have not worked. I have been having buyer remorse lately. HTC Seems the road I should have gone. Price be damned for the lack of stutter (maybe).
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 346
    Trinity
    There is no stutter we have all been having. Don't take a few complaints as the general situation.
    Previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300HQ @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop or Virtual Desktop).

"You are allowed to kill only if you are prepared to die."
  • PTBBBassManPTBBBassMan Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I have discovered an interesting bug......
    I use Voicemeeter Banana for sending audio to three different pieces of hardware.  1. My onboard sound card  2. An Asus Xonar pcie card  3.  Rift headset.
    Since the last updates, I could not get my HMD to work.  I tried reinstalls   blah blah blah,,,,nothing worked.
    I stumbled upon a work around that seems to let me get everything working.
    I boot the computer and, afterwards, go to the app tray and shut down Voicemeeter app.  I then launch Oculus home.  After home is running, I then relaunch  Voicemeeter app and all works at that point.  For some reason, the HMD will not boot up if Voicemeeter app is running......
    Just thought I would share and maybe the Oculus devs might look into this  come up with a solution on next update.
    Gigabyte Z170 mobo, i7-6700, 16gb ram, GTX 1080 ti, OSW DD 20nm wheel, Fanatec F1 and Bmw GT rims, Fanatec V3 pedals, Fanatec Shifter, Fanatec handbrake, 2 DSD button box panels, Oculus Rift CV1, 2 wind sim fans, Thrustmaster T16000 hotas with pedals, GT Omega Pro cockpit, Simshaker Jet Seat
  • kevster666kevster666 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Ok I just got this update, but the world seems to be shifting about as if I am drunk. At first I thought it was just the game I went to play, but it is when I am at HOME. It shifts to the left or right then back, also front to back. IT does not seem like stutter, but movement. Anyone one else getting this.

This is the first time I have had this problem.

I'm getting exactly the same thing. Bug report sent to Oculus..
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 380
    Trinity
    I gotta say that with the latest 1.32 I do get a bit of shimmering with the Oculus logo on startup, esp. if I have moved it around a bit.  It does seem to go stable though.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • TheRealIronWolfTheRealIronWolf Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow, looks like workaround to avoid Oculus Client no longer works with 1.32 :(
  • phoenixdigitalphoenixdigital Posts: 153
    Art3mis
    edited November 9
    Congrats Devs!!!!

Zero stutter in Home (for me). You've nailed this release. I was concerned when I tried the 1.32 beta and saw stutter but that could have just been debug code. This release is flawless (for me).

I took some performance metrics of OVR_Server, Dash and Home2 if anyone is interested. - https://imgur.com/a/ML94gkU

Dash definitely releases GPU memory usage much faster than pre 1.32 when backgrounded. It still uses a fair bit of system memory ~800MB when backgrounded. However I had a lot of overhead so maybe it steps aside if another program requires it??? Do apps do that these days in Windows?

Dash using ~5% CPU at all times will probably still offend some of the purists who want nothing to get in the way of their VR apps. Does anyone know what critical features Dash provides?

Does OVRServer or Dash provide Guardian boundary detection?

Does anyone have a list of "features" that OVR_Server and Dash provides?

Edit: Some metrics while playing Superhot - https://imgur.com/a/WaLUnUC

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
  • tonyfromsyracusetonyfromsyracuse Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    my home is a bit watery like the air has dangerous vapors floating around sometimes
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,036
    Wintermute
    edited November 11
    The new Dash rollover menu is a great addition but I find it really blurry comparing to the other part of Dash, like if it was scaled high too much, or too much anti-aliased and that's with my usual SS 1.5. In any way, great feature for sure.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• DarlOculusDarlOculus Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    My dash has always been blurry. I thought that was normal. My fonts can't be read unless i bring them close to my face or enlarge the screen to max size.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,341 Volunteer Moderator
    I love the new pirate stuff, finally fits the big ole pirate ship environment, the wood texture for the ceiling is gorgeous.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)