New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

What are some titles you're excited for?

LabrodexStudiosLabrodexStudios Posts: 27
Brain Burst
I'm personally excited for Stormland, although it wont be out until 2019, it looks super immersive. 

Defector won't be out until sometime in 2019 either, but it looks heavily melee focused, which is something I really enjoy in VR!

What are some titles you can't wait to get your hands on?

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,314
    Project 2501
    Thought the title said something totally different. LOL!!!

Lone Echo 2. 
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 641
    Neo
    Zero Caliber VR!!! Releases today!!! it's an FPS game and theres a demo for you to try on Steam, it's absolutely amazing!!!

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 774
    3Jane
    Stormland, Lone Echo 2 and Moss 2, although Moss 2 may not launch before 2020... Great thing about VR is also unnannounced great titles (or maybe more titles I weren't aware of), I love surprises - so, like Hold the World, Xion, Sacralith etc I'm looking forward to more great surprises  ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.2-4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS (Home/OEM); Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling at 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,483
    Wintermute
    edited November 10
    I would trade all the above for

and I am happy to wait until a worthy headset and graphic card emerges.
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 346
    Trinity
    For now I am not really hyped for any announced VR game. I am a bit curious about Stormland and Defector, but just a bit.

That said there are two things I can't wait to see in a VR game:
    - a RTS-FPS game (basically: a strategy game where you can dive in the action as a character, like in Dungeon Keeper 2). That kind of game would be both strategic and epic, and the immersion would be terrific. I would love to order a group of minions to attack an enemy and then join their battle.

- a "true" magic battle game. I loved The Unspoken as a first VR game, but its motion system is now completely outdated. Wands didn't really appeal to me, it was relatively empty as a game and the magic system wasn't really magic.

- a VR MMORPG with a better artistic direction than OrbusVR. I like Orbus (I love its gameplay), but their world is the exact opposite of "immersive" to me. It's not appealing, nor memorable, not even beautiful...

For now that's pretty much all I lack in VR software. 
    Previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300HQ @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop or Virtual Desktop).

"You are allowed to kill only if you are prepared to die."
  • LabrodexStudiosLabrodexStudios Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Digikid1 said:

Lone Echo 2. 
    I think I just figured out what you thought it said lol!
  • Rob_In_PhoenixRob_In_Phoenix Posts: 285
    Nexus 6
    For me, it's the next installment of the Tex Murphy Series - Poisoned Pawn.
    3Jane
    edited November 11
    For me, it's the next installment of the Tex Murphy Series - Poisoned Pawn.

Agreed - it does look awesome, and I loved the first games in the series:

It has support for the Rift + Touch. The release date is expected to be "late 2018" - which is ... now?  :D

"VR SUPPORT

VR is amazing! For anybody who has experienced some of the latest titles that take full advantage of VR and Touch Controllers, it is a very unique and immersive experience.

However, Chaotic Fusion realized something with regards to the VR marketplace: a lack of full-length content and variety. While some of the games and demos available on the various VR marketplaces provide wonderful and immersive experiences, many of them are very short.

The Poisoned Pawn not only promises to be one of the very first full-length VR experiences of its type, but it is presented in a genre that VR was truly meant to be in: the first person, point and click adventure genre. But, we are replacing ``point and click`` with ``grab and touch``!

With full VR and touch support (with plans to have this experience available on many of the most popular VR hardware platforms*) The Poisoned Pawn will provide players with a truly immersive experience. Walk, run or crawl your way through the environments. Interact with objects on a level never before experienced. Immerse yourself in a rich and detailed futuristic, cyberpunk world where your skills as an observer and investigator will help you through your cases!

* Currently only Oculus and Oculus Touch are supported. Vive support will depend on future development and dev kit access, etc."

Source: http://chaoticfusion.com/

Intel i7 7700K (4.2-4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS (Home/OEM); Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling at 2.0. 

3Jane
    edited November 11
    These could be interesting:

Planetrism - release date Q2 2019:

A Fisherman's Tale (by the creators of Arizona Sunshine) - release date Q4 2018:

Blunt Force - release date Q2 2019:

Borderland 2 VR - don't know if it'll ever be available for PCVR:

Blade and Sorcery - december 2018:

Population: One (Q2 2019):

Firmament (by the creators of Obduction - Q1 2019):

The Spy Who Shrunk Me - maybe released this year...

Zero Caliber has been mentioned before in this thread - but maybe a video is nice ;-)

I hope to see this in PCVR like Moss:

District Steel - maybe also in December 2018:

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,180 Power Poster
    And none of you mentioned Nakamura's Fall (formerly The Crate Simulator).

Bastards. :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,102
    Wintermute
    edited November 12
    No one mentioned the best game soon to be released: Echo Combat

Also MechWarrior 5
    Project 2501
    snowdog said:
    And none of you mentioned Nakamura's Fall (formerly The Crate Simulator).

Bastards. :(
    Never heard of it. :*
    Project 2501
    MowTin said:
    Already released some time ago.  It is a mode in Echo Arena.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,842 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:

Lone Echo 2. 
    ohhh yes

theres is always atleast one in the group :o :o
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • LabrodexStudiosLabrodexStudios Posts: 27
    Brain Burst

Well, we have a game ourselves coming out....

check out the launch trailer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9OEqnm1N3E&feature=youtu.be

below are a few main NPC screen shots. You’ll be interacting with these 3 as Casey Maxwell in the game.  Here is a recent preview/review of the game. https://www.vrfitnessinsider.com/scraper-first-strike-preview/  If you like full-featured RPG shooters with engineering, scavenging, dynamic missions all wrapped in a fun shooter, we hope you check out the game when it is released! Scraper: First Strike has full locomotion, large levels to explore and a bunch of other high-end RPG shooter elements.

Detailed article on the game & the AAA people involved. https://vrscout.com/news/labrodex-scraper-prequel-novel/

Scraper: First Strike releases on 11/21/18 on Steam, & the Oculus store.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,102
    Wintermute
    Digikid1 said:
    MowTin said:
    Already released some time ago.  It is a mode in Echo Arena.
    When was it released? It was still in beta last I checked. I’ve been away a week.