New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

How to keep the APP/Main Screen always centered in my view?

mr.YING.LEEmr.YING.LEE Posts: 1
NerveGear
Of course, I can use "reset view" to recenter my view. But what I need is to keep the APP/Main Screen always centered in my view, especially when I watch videos.
In other words, to disable my motion and position detection.
The scenery could be watching non-vr videos, such as 2D, 3D videos, especially when I lie on a bed.
Thanks,

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,077 Oculus Staff
    No, that wouldn't make sense and would be really uncomfortable. Your best bet is using the Void theater in Oculus Gallery (or Netflix) that will allow you to the move the screen where you want, even when laying down.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • SipVrSipVr Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Not sure what this has to do with netflix or gallery ... the question is about the main menu screen and apps list.  It would be actually REALLY comfortable sometimes to either be able to select a default direction for it and have it be remembered ... or have it be centered to the view whenever you enter that menu mode.  It seems like every time I go out of an app, I have to re-center the view to whatever direction I happen to be looking at (leaning back, in bed, looking down etc).   

I understand oculus doesn't have much control for in-app behavior... and a lot of apps don't even have a way to specify a default view vector. But having to recenter the main app screen gets annoying very quickly :)