New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus Video - a great app for watching short films

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 902
3Jane
edited December 3 in Games and Apps
Just went through all games and apps last night. To my amazement I saw that one of my favorite apps had less than a 3/5 average rating based on about 1000 ratings:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/926562347437041

Of course user experiences will vary and depend on expectations, and this app won't play all your own movies flawlessly, then again I don't think this app was ever intended to be good at that. 

Instead I find the Vimeo short film collection utterly amazing, and during the last year available films have been constantly updated. Watching short films (normal 2D, Vimeo) is the one thing I use in this app. Sure you can see some 360 degrees videos too, but the resolution is usually horrible (=very blurry) and I don't care for these videos. But sitting down in my own VR cinema watching awesome short films is beyond amazing - and there're more than 1000 to choose from (I think, the list simply goes on and on). 

Some of my favorites:

And I know we can't discuss politics in here, but I guess I'm allowed to show a movie available in Oculus Video that I like a lot  o:)  ;)

Maybe this thread could be about short films you've seen in your Oculus Video VR cinema - did you see anything that maybe moved you more than a normal full length movie?
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 902
    3Jane
    edited December 3
    Short film of the week - it's really awesome  :D

That's just the 1 min trailer - the full version is 17 minutes, guess where you can see that one ;)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)