cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Software - Exiting with code 18

Taibot
Protege
Hello,

A few days ago everything worked fine and i was able to play with my Oculus Rift.
But today i had to reinstall the software and now i can't install it anymore.

I already turned of any software like antivir and my firewall and windows defender aswell.
Also i reinstalled my windows.

[Debug] [11.11.2018 16:41:44] Installing oculus-runtime.
[Error] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Librarian exited code 18
[Debug] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallPackagesStep' failed.
[Warning] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Rolling back installation.
[Debug] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Uninstall 'Dawn.Setup.InstallPackagesStep' succeeded.

I hope this section from the log helps.
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have exactly the same problem with the same OculusSetup log, it worked for a little over a year without problems. I already tried to format my drives and reinstalled win10 twice, turned off Defender and firewalls, tried different installers, fiddled with permission settings. I just dont know anymore. Does anyone have the same issue or better a solution?

Iron_Mangos
Explorer
Same issue here. Everything was working until the new update, which was, incidentally, FORCED on me.

rickysael
Honored Guest
i have exactly the same problem... i haven't solutions...

Iron_Mangos
Explorer
Has anyone in this thread opened a support ticket yet?

Taibot
Protege
I did today

WillKill103
Honored Guest
Having the exact same problem and have messaged support but everything theyve sent so far hasnt worked. IE disabling windows defender and restarting in safemode.

Taibot
Protege
I've already tried everything I could find on the internet but none of that seems to work for me... I really have no idea what else to try

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure your game library folder is something like E:/RiftApps and NOT inside C:/Program Files or any other Windows protected folder.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Taibot
Protege
Nope... installation failed