cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Oculus Go Development (Unity)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I am doing a Game Programming course, and for this project I want to prove I can develop a simple game with one Unity Project that can be built to multiple platforms (Windows and Oculus GO (Android)). I pick up my first VR, the Oculus Go and I am venturing into developing for this platform. I am keen to understand how to use the following features but I am also having problems finding the right resources to help with the learning curve. It may just be me (always the case).
  • Headset Control - Oculus Integration package provides a few scenes demonstrating the headset controlling the camera with a specific camera game object. This is covered
  • Headset Controling a Raycasted UI in the centre - this is covered in a couple of scene demos
  • Touch hand modeling - Beside the weird "Grabbable Item" scene, which shows a box as the hand and all I can do is move it around, am I missing something here..it does not quite grab anything? Is there a demo that shows the hand, ability to grab an object, hold on the object by holding the trigger and drop the object when I let go of the trigger. I think it the Oculus Sample  Framework there is a cube/balls example but again, it clearly states I need the Avatar add-on but does explain how I may go about it. 
So I am clear, can someone please guide me to a good resource to help me implement the following:
  1. Show the hand pointing, gripping and rotating
  2. Show how to grab, hold and drop an object
  3. Show how to move a point anywhere in the scene, raycasted from the controller. Similar effects like Pet Lab
Kind regards,

JN
0 REPLIES 0