cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software 2.0 no "Tear-Out?"

BlackWorksInc
Honored Guest
So I am trying to figure out for a while now (it's been literally months since I could log into Oculus's Forum website, that's been it's own hassle to begin with...) why I lost my tear-out keyboard and more importantly why I lost my tear-out windows.

Windows used to see the HMD as a second screen and now it doesn't, I have 1 other HDMI port and 1 DP port free on my GPU and yet it still doesn't recognize it as a second display, I've tried swapping ports and such. 

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

Windows used to see the HMD as a second screen and now it doesn't, I have 1 other HDMI port and 1 DP port free on my GPU and yet it still doesn't recognize it as a second display, I've tried swapping ports and such.
That was in 2015 with the DK1 and DK2 using the 0.x runtimes.
Since the CV1 came out in 2016 the 1.x rift software hasn't supported the rift as a second display in windows.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

BlackWorksInc
Honored Guest

kojack said:

That was in 2015 with the DK1 and DK2 using the 0.x runtimes.
Since the CV1 came out in 2016 the 1.x rift software hasn't supported the rift as a second display in windows.

Yet I can say with certainty that up until about  at least August 2 different Oculus Rift CV1 units were seen as secondary displays on my Win10 machine, all drivers and software have always been up to date for all hardware, software, and OS. Coincidentally I started having issue with the virtual keyboard and "Virtual Desktop Pullout Experiment" function around the same time that the HMD was no longer recognized as a second monitor. 

So I really don't know why 1.x Rift Software allowed 2 different CV1 units to be seen as secondary displays up until August, but because they were it allowed me to have "Virtual Desktop Pullout Experiment" enabled and allowed my to have a keyboard that was in the virtual Oculus Menu space rather than the default Windows keyboard on my Desktop View window (which is what I am stuck with now). So I am trying to figure out how to get that back because honestly it's a nice feature and not having it is a bit annoying.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
If you enable the Virtual Desktop Panel Pullout Experiment then the Oculus software should create a virtual monitor that appears like a second monitor. I had to re-enable the feature after an update, so check it is still switched on. If it isn't working you should go to support.oculus.com and report it to them. They may be able to figure out what went wrong.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?