cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temple Run VR

PartyBeams
Honored Guest
Seen a few videos on Temple Run VR and thought I'd download and give it a try.  Found out its free!  But during install, I noticed its asking for rights to modify and delete files in Storage Locations, and more puzzling, to read cellular status and identity.  I understand needing some access for the app to work, but this seemed well beyond normal.   Thoughts?
Note: Sorry. I see now I should've posted this in the Apps category.  Didn't see a delete post button...
1 REPLY 1

MikeF
Trustee
The first one is most likely used for saving/loading/deleting local save game data and the 2nd seems like it could be used for logging in to a backend server with device credentials as an authentication parameter. In both cases the warnings are a bit unclear as to the exact usage of these permissions but if its on the oculus store then you can be fairly confident that malicious intent is not the objective as there are several additional security checks that any app must go through to reach technical certification on the platform.