New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Using the Touch Controllers as Leg Trackers for fullbody

SpharxSpharx Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hey..

im really wondering about ..if i maybe can use more touch controllers and get fullbody tracking with it . its possible to pair the controllers as vr objects in the beta , so if i use 2 or 3 controllers and pair them as objects , strap them to my legs and set them up , wont i get fullbody then ? I guess the Sensors are good enough to track these many devices , since the tracking isnt that bad (used two rifts in the same play area on two setups worked fine for some reason )

if i cant get any help of ppl that tried it already i will be going to buy 3 controllers and just try for good luck ^^ 

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 4,636 Volunteer Moderator
    Currently only a single VR Object can be paired. If you try to pair more than one, both fail.

You'd also have to write your own software for it of course, nothing on the rift expects leg tracking.
  • SpharxSpharx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    darn it .. :( i dont wanna stick on the kinect one it just isnt good enough .. cmon oculus give us support for more >.< u can do it !
  • A.ForceA.Force Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    What exactly is it you want to do Spharx? As far as i know, there's barely a single game or VR experience that implements leg tracking. So even if you had the hardware working there is not really any use for it. Unless you want to write your own software of course.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,385
    Project 2501
    Probably VRChat. 
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,511
    Wintermute
    Actually the The Plank Experience on steam does :)