New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

cannot find module ../screen

DaisymegDaisymeg Posts: 5
NerveGear
While trying to open the oculus app on my laptop with no extra screens plugged in, I got a message saying that oculus was having trouble opening and that it was updating and I needed to wait. I found the error log and it said that it "cannot find module ../screen" . I have no idea how to resolve this issue and googling yeilded nothing. Does anyone know any fixes?

Comments

• TaibotTaibot Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited November 25
    Is your laptop VR ready? I had the same problem with my old cpu that does not have the min specs

https://ocul.us/compat-tool
  • DaisymegDaisymeg Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    It's been working since last Christmas and just randomly started doing this the other day.
    NerveGear
    I just checked and it said my computer was good enough, but thanks for the suggestion.
  • Xaus23Xaus23 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same error.. but my rift woking since last week..after updated oculus home don't start, and i have this message on the log..
    my gpu not satisfy minimun spec but since last week they work fine.. 
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,059
    Wintermute
    edited November 26
    I suggest to re-download the Oculus setup program and to select the repair option.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

NerveGear
    I've already tried repairing the app through the setup program, but thanks anyway.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,059
    Wintermute
    So open a support ticket with Oculus and send them your complete log file as they may find a solution for you : https://support.oculus.com/

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

NerveGear
    I fixed it by completely uninstalling and then reinstalling windows.