cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR180 video problem in Oculus Gallery app. [Lack of fisheye Bug]

karrtoon
Expert Protege
I have noticed on multiple oculus go devices that I have tested that sometimes when playing a VR180 video (recorded from the lenovo mirage VR camera) that sometimes when you repeated the video or pass it on to someone and they resume the video that it plays with incorrect distortion.

The only way to fix it is to pause the video, change it back to 2d mode on bottom right, then choose 180 3d again. This makes it very difficult to just pass the headset with a video around. Because when they click play it likely won't be the correct distortion, but will still be 3d overall.

It's as if the fisheye distortion gets bugged out sometimes and disabled and the only way to fix it is stop the video, choose another format to refresh it, choose 3d 180 again, and start the video again. Would love for this to be fixed. I think some people may not notice this is happening but you can tell the video is distorted sometimes when resumung the video if you look at the edges warping. Fisheye distortion for the VR180 format definitely disabling at random here.
0 REPLIES 0