New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC?

13»

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,850 Valuable Player
    @LZoltowski - Would that be one big mod added for GTA V or different ones? Where do I get the mods that make GTA V look like this?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2018
    RedRizla said:
    @LZoltowski - Would that be one big mod added for GTA V or different ones? Where do I get the mods that make GTA V look like this?
    Actually, it's just one mod (plus a few optional ones that are listed in the installation manual, like 4k textures and real-life Hollywood sign and real-life billboards and adverts for the extra immersion)

It's one of the best mods out there makes GTAV near photorealistic.

Has simple easy instructions on how to get it installed.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalvision-photorealistic-gtav

surprisingly it has low FPS impact, plus paired with the ENB (also included in the manual) it adds much more advanced Ambient Occlusion, high res screen space reflection, and GLOBAL ILLUMINATION! ... plus image based sky lighting and long shadows, this means when there is sunset or sunrise you can see earth shadow covering up or exposing the buildings, mountains and streets. Oh and volumetric physical clouds.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    @LZoltowski - Do you know if the mod is online compatible? Meaning it won't get me banned for using a mod like this will it? That's if you can even get banned from GTA V? The mod makes it look like a new game..
    RedRizla said:
    @LZoltowski - Do you know if the mod is online compatible? Meaning it won't get me banned for using a mod like this will it? That's if you can even get banned from GTA V? The mod makes it look like a new game..
    No, mods won't work Online. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    Didn't rockstar have some issues with people modding & withdraw modding support?
    I purchased a PS 4 just before Christmas and I haven't stopped playing Red Dead Redemption 2 since. I thought my 2D gaming days were over but not when there's games like this around. I haven't even looked at The Last Of Use, which is also supposed to be a really good game. I'm also looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 for the PC, so 2D still wets my appetite, it's just finding the right games with good content.. 
    RedRizla said:
    I purchased a PS 4 just before Christmas and I haven't stopped playing Red Dead Redemption 2 since. I thought my 2D gaming days were over but not when there's games like this around. I haven't even looked at The Last Of Use, which is also supposed to be a really good game. I'm also looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 for the PC, so 2D still wets my appetite, it's just finding the right games with good content.. 
    I am obsessed with Assasins Creed Oddysey at the moment, it is HUGE, I am 100 hours in. A lot of design queues from the Witcher 3, fantastic game with an engrossing story. 

I've looked at Assasins Creed Oddysey a few times now, so no doubt I'll pick it up. I've still got the Metro series to play, but I'm quite enjoying 2D again between VR games..
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,576 Valuable Player
    edited January 2019
    RedRizla said:
    I've looked at Assasins Creed Oddysey a few times now, so no doubt I'll pick it up. I've still got the Metro series to play, but I'm quite enjoying 2D again between VR games..
    Yea, I got pulled back in to 2d gaming myself. After buying an Odyssey and realizing just how far away we are from getting the kind of visual fidelity I want in VR, I bought a low input lag 49" 4k HDR TV that I'm using for a monitor and it's quite fantastic. I haven't had the urge to pick up my VR headsets in a bit but I still keep up with the news.

I've been playing Destiny 2, Far cry 5, Ark, Rocket League and Total War Warhammer 1/2 mostly but also a bunch other random games. Assassin's Creed Odyssey is on my list.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2019
    I cannot stop playing BF5 2d with all the bells and whistles switched on with my 2080ti . I die a lot though as I'm looking around too much lol
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:
    I cannot stop playing BF5 2d with all the bells and whistles switched on with my 2080ti . I die a lot though as I'm looking around too much lol

You are probably dying a lot because you have all the bells and whistles on tbh. I've always found in online games that players usually turn things off like shadows and have their settings set to low to make it easier to see their opponent. I know many turn things off like grass density, shadows etc..
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,576 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    Techy111 said:

You are probably dying a lot because you have all the bells and whistles on tbh. I've always found in online games that players usually turn things off like shadows and have their settings set to low to make it easier to see their opponent. I know many turn things off like grass density, shadows etc..
    That can be true depending on the game but most competitive games do a pretty good job of balancing the eye candy settings with the low to keep things fairly even. Most run low settings just to get as much fps as possible. With a 240hz+ monitor it can be tough to produce enough frames to actually fully utilize the high refresh rate and lower input lag it offers.
    edited October 2019
    Finally coming to Pc next month. Got to play it a bit on a PS4, but glad I sold the PS4 and waited for the Pc version. Going to be spending some time playing this on my 4k television for sure. Steam version doesn't come out till December though, but does anyone know if I'll still be able to play with Steam players online, if I buy it from the RockStar website next month?

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,244 Valuable Player
    One step closer to a PC VR version :)
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,313 Valuable Player
    edited October 2019
    One step closer to a PC VR version :)
    I'd love to play pancake games, but my 2D allergy seems to be getting worse, I'd need tons of antihistamines just to do 15 mins pancakes  :( 30 mins would be like:

Image result for emergency hospital animated gif

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    edited October 2019
    Nah, some 2D games you just can't miss. I like the stories behind some 2D games, which not many VR games offer right now. Playing 2D is like reading a book to me and taking part in the story. I really enjoyed "The Last Of Us" on PlayStation and was enjoying Read Dead Redemption 2, before I decided to give up and see it on Pc in all it's splender.
    I like VR, but sometimes I just like to sit back with nothing on my head and just relax and play pancake games.  I also think my bald spot on the back of my head is getting bigger with the VR strap, so I'm going to wait a bit to see if my hair grows back there. Have you noticed if you have hair loss due to the straps :D
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,767 Valuable Player
    edited October 2019
    Agreed @RedRizla

If a story is compelling enough, it's something that would be unfortunate to miss out on. I rarely feel that way about games, but over the past few years I am glad I went back to finish:
    • StarCraft 2
    • The Longest Journey (full series)
    • Metro (full series)
    It also helps - in my case - that I have a strong inclination to start using VR for more than just a gaming platform. I feel that the heavy focus on "VR for gaming" does the technology a bit of an injustice. It can do so much more!

So now I tend to look at gaming back the way it was when I first got my Atari 2600. And in that respect, 2D gaming is just fine. Granted, I'm super picky. I can no longer play a game just for the sake of gaming. It needs to be compelling.

Of course, every now and then it sure feels nice to jump in to VR to kill a dragon lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LeroyVRChristopherLeroyVRChristopher Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited October 2019
    purchased PlayStation Pro again and took it back again. Apparently on the PlayStation Pro there's a blur problem with Red Dead Redemption 2 when using 4k.