New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Broken Right Touch Trigger Following Weeks of Problems

Nathan_KerbonautNathan_Kerbonaut Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited November 2018 in Support
Considering I bought my Rift at full price, I'm having quite the crisis...

The trigger on my right Touch controller is broken. It's not stuck, it's just kinda... dislodged. I can slightly shift the trigger around, and when I squeeze the trigger wherever it settles it provides no input.

I've owned my Rift and controllers for a month and a half. If there is any connection, both triggers started squeaking not long after getting them, then the left controller started giving a weird sound when vibrating. This is the first time one simply doesn't work.

I would hate to buy a new controller. Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,102 Valuable Player

If you've just had them 6 weeks, open a support ticket, Oculus will replace them. I'd suggest to anyone, even outside of warranty, if they have a problem like this, open a ticket anyway. Oculus may still be able to help.

This issue has been encounter be a few people and it's fixable but I would only attempt it if the warranty has run out and Oculus can't help.

Apparently a dislodge rubber piece is the culprit, as per this thread on Reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6s1ql7/fixed_my_oculus_touch_controller_with_loudloose/?st=joysc19c&sh=e915335a

There's also a very good teardown video for the controllers by DeLectronics if your search Touch teardown (I think better than the iFixit info).

But open a ticket first.

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
  • Nathan_KerbonautNathan_Kerbonaut Posts: 2
    NerveGear

If you've just had them 6 weeks, open a support ticket, Oculus will replace them. I'd suggest to anyone, even outside of warranty, if they have a problem like this, open a ticket anyway. Oculus may still be able to help.

Thank you for the response! I'm filling a ticket now.
  • lustrallustral Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Forgive my bad English guys, i had the same right trigger problem, my brother bought an Oculus rift from Amazon.co.uk and brand new Right Touch Controller was broken out of box, we had no option to refund so i have searched about this problem and i see it is a common problem about dislodge rubber piece, first i was thinking mine has the same problem but it wasnt.
    i disassemble it and there was a loose (dislodge) metal pin that holding the Trigger buton,
    i just push down that metal pin to place and it fixed
    after i assemble it worked without problem, still i am using it