New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Walk The Titanic.

nroskonrosko Posts: 877
Neo
I was a bit disappointed with the Titanic vr app that came out, was hoping you could walk around the ship. 
For anyone who is interested in doing the latter you now can do this with this free demo. 

I didn't get to try it yet as i'm at work. 

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,045 Valuable Player
    Wow where do I get this from? Have you got a link please!
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 877
    Neo
    http://www.titanichg.com/demo/

Seems they still have some to complete then you can buy the end product. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=-3_sD4Vu-IA
    edited November 29
    Come to think of it, I remember playing the demo sometime ago now. Glad to see their going to complete it now though..
    Where did they get all the information about what it looked like inside? I don't think I've ever seen a video where it shows you what it looked like..
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    That is really cool.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Neo
    RedRizla said:
    Where did they get all the information about what it looked like inside? I don't think I've ever seen a video where it shows you what it looked like..
    They just had to research it, a lot of research was done for the film Titanic & i think they used a lot of that information.  
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    WOW
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Neo
    Well i just try it in VR & it really is something, the demo is only 6% of what you will get, full thing will be amazing. 
    Presented here is a very simple and rudimentary walkthrough of about 6% of the floor space of Titanic. The final product will give the ability to explore the entire ship: every cabin, corridor, and access passage. The harbor city of Southampton will be shown as it appeared in 1912. This demo has parts of the Belfast yard where the vessel was built. People will be walking the ship, and the voyage and sinking will be explorable with a fully interactive storyline, characters, and props.