New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Euro Truck Stand-alone

ColinBColinB Posts: 236
Nexus 6
edited October 2014 in Games and Apps
I have the Euro Truck Sim2 CD stand-alone version (not Steam.)
Should I be able to use my Oculus with it?
Tried various methods with Vireio driver but no success.
Can it be done with the stand-alone prog?
Any nice hints?

Comments

  • raidho36raidho36 Posts: 1,312
    I dunno, Oculus support is only in beta branch.

    You can try applying some generic nosteam hacks to the installed game and just copy it on CD.
  • LittleGuyLittleGuy Posts: 85
    On March 4th, SCS had released 1.9 beta on Steam. Once this goes out of beta, (which according to their blog was hours or days), they'll update the game (Retail and Steam). The non-Steam version of the game should include early support for the Oculus Rift. You can use your retail key to download ETS2 on Steam at no additional cost. I have the downloaded version and used my key on Steam to experience the game using the Rift until the non-Steam version includes Rift support. It's great, but drift is a big problem for me :(
    Mike
  • nvstewartnvstewart Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    ColinB wrote:
    I have the Euro Truck Sim2 CD stand-alone version (not Steam.)
    Should I be able to use my Oculus with it?
    Tried various methods with Vireio driver but no success.
    Can it be done with the stand-alone prog?
    Any nice hints?


    Do you have Steam? You can use your serial to unlock the steam version of ETS2. That is what I did.

    Click the "Games" tab at the top of the Steam window then click on "Activate a product on Steam" Enter you CD key and Bob's your uncle.
  • ColinBColinB Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    Hey thanks to you all for that. Good old uncle Bob too!!
  • LittleGuyLittleGuy Posts: 85
    The latest patch for this game has been released today, so if you have the non-steam version of the game (download or retail), once patched, you can use your Oculus Rift in it.

    http://eurotrucksimulator2.com/update.php

    To use the Oculus Rift in the non-steam version of the game, add the -oculus parameter to the end the game shortcut. It will look the same or very similar to this:

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\eurotrucks2.exe" -oculus

    Except for drift, it works fine for me :mrgreen:
    Mike
  • I have the updated version with Oculus support, and everything seems to work just fine...except the headtracking. I get the correct view in my Oculus with extended desktop, but the blue light of the head tracker just goes black when I enter the game, and won't work.

    Any ideas to fix it? I read somewhere about firewall, but I have disabled it without any luck.
  • KomatKomat Posts: 60
    janlindso wrote:
    I have the updated version with Oculus support, and everything seems to work just fine...except the headtracking. I get the correct view in my Oculus with extended desktop, but the blue light of the head tracker just goes black when I enter the game, and won't work.
    Currently only the version in the oculus beta on steam is supporting DK2, other versions support only DK1.
  • Komat wrote:
    janlindso wrote:
    I have the updated version with Oculus support, and everything seems to work just fine...except the headtracking. I get the correct view in my Oculus with extended desktop, but the blue light of the head tracker just goes black when I enter the game, and won't work.
    Currently only the version in the oculus beta on steam is supporting DK2, other versions support only DK1.

    Are you 100% sure about that? Cause I get the correct view in my goggles. Only the headtracking won't work.

    Under 1.9.22 (http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/update.php)
    Oculus Rift support (with the -oculus launch option - this will be improved in the future), now also in the retail version;

    Could anyone confirm that they got this working in the non-Steam version?
  • KomatKomat Posts: 60
    janlindso wrote:
    Are you 100% sure about that? Cause I get the correct view in my goggles. Only the headtracking won't work.
    Yes, I am sure. The other versions are using SDK 0.2.5. While they can handle the resolution of DK2, they do not support it fully. The only version based on 0.4.2 is in the oculus beta branch on Steam.
    Under 1.9.22 (http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/update.php)
    Oculus Rift support (with the -oculus launch option - this will be improved in the future), now also in the retail version;
    That was related to DK1.
  • LuciferSaintLuciferSaint Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    nvstewart said:
    ColinB wrote:
    I have the Euro Truck Sim2 CD stand-alone version (not Steam.)
    Should I be able to use my Oculus with it?
    Tried various methods with Vireio driver but no success.
    Can it be done with the stand-alone prog?
    Any nice hints?


    Do you have Steam? You can use your serial to unlock the steam version of ETS2. That is what I did.

    Click the "Games" tab at the top of the Steam window then click on "Activate a product on Steam" Enter you CD key and Bob's your uncle.
    Thanks ColinB, your post from the past just got me the Steam version I needed for VR
Sign In or Register to comment.