Today I would like to share my exp with you. It was the first time I had to contact customer service and it was really disappointing.
Here is my story:
- I preordered the Rift for 700 € to Germany, preordered Touch for 200 and I am running a setup with 3 sensors.
- Two weeks ago I upgraded my video card to a rtx 2080. I made a win 10 fresh install and reinstalled oculus,too. Connecting the card via hdmi to a monitor works.
- When setting up my rift i noticed black lines on the right eye. I reseated my cables but it was still there.
- I contacted Oculus and after some support routines "reinstall", "check hardware requirements" and so on. Finally I sent in my log files.
- One week later the customerservice offered me a refurbished hmd for "a reduced price" of 299€ with a limited warranty of 6 months because warranty for the preordered rift is over of course.
- A new touch bundle in Germany is currently offered for 379 with full warranty of two years. I think you got it.
- I wrote back and asked if i can send in my device for testing it. I offered to pay for this kind of service. I mean if only the cable or a connector is broken i do not need a complete new hdmi.
- The support told me there are no other options after the warranty is over and closed the case.
After spending more than 1300 € over the last two years I think it is a very sad story. I am really thinking about leaving the oculus family now.
What do you think about this ? Do you have made a similar experience?