cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning bricked Oculus Go

derek_golding
Honored Guest
Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to deal with this. I ordered an Oculus Go on the 1st of May as soon as they came out from Amazon. No issues at all with it until I do a factory reset and it's bricked. Support state I should return to Amazon as it's ordered from the US (I live in NZ), Amazon state I should contact Oculus as it's out of the return period. The Amazon website states that support is offered in NZ. 

Why can this not be dealt with in NZ? The device has no power supply as international devices are not supplied with one. Where is the support for devices that are faulty?
6 REPLIES 6

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I am in the same boat as you mate.  I bought my Go from Amazon, shipped to Oz.  Mine did come with the usb charger and it’s multi voltage so I just needed a mains plug adapter.  I’m surprised yours did not come with this because there was no mention of an international version when I bought mine from Amazon.

Fortunately I have not had any problems with mine because I found out that the Oculus warranty only applies in the country it was purchased (US).  Also, Amazon’s returns window is only 30 days.  So I just have to hope mine continues to work fine and thanks to you I will never try a factory reset, lol!

I bought an Oculus Rift soon after and I made sure I bought it from the Oculus store so at least its warranty is covered.

I think your options are pretty limited.  Maybe you can see if there is any procedure you can try to un-brick it and/or ask Oculus support if they can do anything for you, maybe offer you a refurbished unit at a lower price.

If you don’t have a large investment in games for your Go you might want to cut your losses and maybe wait for the Oculus Quest to come out, supposedly 2nd Qtr 2019.  Of course you will want to buy that from the Oculus store.

In any case I do feel your pain and I hope you are able to get this resolved.  Good luck mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Amazon has a 1 year warranty for faulty goods so this should be returned to Amazon. The 30 day window with Amazon just means you can return the item if you don't like it or something. They have no excuses for not excepting the return of faulty goods within the 1 year warranty.. 

LZoltowski
Champion
Yeah Amazon are super good with returns, I have returned something well after warranty and they still accepted it, almost 3 years after I bought it heh.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

vannagirl
Consultant

RedRizla said:

Amazon has a 1 year warranty for faulty products. The 30 day window just means you can return the item if you don't like it or for whatever reason you choose. So this is under warranty with Amazon and this is where it should be returned. They have no excuses for not excepting the return for faulty goods within the 1 year warranty.. 

Yes i sell on amazon, they have a to z protection, he should be good to return it regardless.
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, Amazon US store is usually very good on warranty/replacement especially within its 30 day period but for overseas (outside the US) you will find that beyond this period you will be directed to the manufacturer.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

WilliamVR
Protege
An Amazon return/replacement is your best bet.

For Context: Our options for replacement are tied to the distribution center that shipped the original. In this case since you (and the product) are now outside of the region that distribution services, we wouldn't be able to send that replacement to your present location. We're working on enhancing our options, but for now this is the only path.