New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Nvidia Drivers

Mnementh13Mnementh13 Posts: 6
NerveGear
Hi all,
Been having issues with random black screen (with sound) and then crashing out of the sim [rFactor2]. I am aware that previously that most have recommended using driver 388.59 as this was the most stable with the Rift. However, have just started seeing people commenting that Oculus are recommending using the latest Nvidia driver, but have been unable to find anything about this. Has anyone seen anything from Oculus with regard to which driver they are currently recommending? TIA 

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    Not sure about official but I have found the 411.70 most stable for me at the moment.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Mnementh13Mnementh13 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    @LZoltowski thanks. I have run 416.94, but never sure if it's the driver or my system. My W10 wants to keep changing the power plan from balanced to high performance and I am still trying to stop it - previous advice was that there is a power issue re the sensor USB which can cause the random black screen issues :-(
  • MarkocovaMarkocova Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem with last NV gpu drivers 416.81,416.94 fu..ing NV