New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus Rift display swinging to the side every 3 to 5 seconds

MichelangeloMachadoMichelangeloMachado Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited December 5 in Support

Hi. Please, I need help with my Rift. The screen shakes every 3 to 5 seconds, It is really annoying and it gives me nausea after a few minutes of gameplay...

My setup is: 

I7 3770 

Gtx 1060 6gb 

12gb RAM 

I have 2 sensors and I am using 2.0 USB for all inputs.*

I have tried to change usb ports and connect only one sensor. The Rift is very new.

Here is a video of the problem. It happens even at the sensor callibration screen or at the oculus home. 

Comments

• LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 366
    Trinity
    Hey there,
    This is due to poor tracking quality. That's because one of the sensors require USB 3.0, not 2.0.
    Previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300HQ @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop or Virtual Desktop).

"You are allowed to kill only if you are prepared to die."
  • MichelangeloMachadoMichelangeloMachado Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I believe the Rift is supposed to work fine with 2.0. I did not find anyone experiencing the same issue :S
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 483
    Trinity
    I think at least one of your sensors should be 3.0
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,610 Valuable Player
    I think it's being caused by too high a load on the USB controller, do you have other USB devices?  The Inatek card works and it's cheap, I think I bought mine from Amazon for $23.  I thought one device from the rift was supposed to be plugged into a USB 3.0 controller, but I can't remember.

NerveGear
    I do have the mouse and keyboard also connected on the USB... I'll try to unplug they while I play and also see if i can find anything about a requirement for at least one 3.0 USB input
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 366
    Trinity
    It's written right in the minimum requirements of the Rift:

https://support.oculus.com/170128916778795/#faq_170128916778795

At least one USB 3.0 port, for one of your sensors. If you don't have that, tracking will go nuts, which is what you experienced ^^.
    Previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300HQ @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop or Virtual Desktop).

"You are allowed to kill only if you are prepared to die."
    NerveGear
    It's written right in the minimum requirements of the Rift:

https://support.oculus.com/170128916778795/#faq_170128916778795

At least one USB 3.0 port, for one of your sensors. If you don't have that, tracking will go nuts, which is what you experienced ^^.
    Thank you for the info! I'm going to buy a usb 3.0 controller and try out!