New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

VR Flight Sim Christmas Sales

BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,982
Project 2501
edited December 6 in Games and Apps
Hi Guys, thought it might not be a bad idea to post about Christamas sales for our favourite flight sims in VR.

I'll start with the Carenado sale at Just Flight:

LINKY

Some real cheap bargains in there - I've helped myself to the King Air B200 and the AC 114 Commander. Be aware that all the X-Plane models on sale are for XP10 - not 11.

I also got an email from Captain Sim a short while ago, telling of their 12 year anniversary sale, on the 12th December, when all their products will be on sale for 12$. I'm hoping that will include their B757 v3, which I will snap up if it does. They are my fave 'big tin' devs (though I'm a GA/Business/Bush virtual pilot at heart). :)

Just a word on both these devs and VR - with FlyInside their VCs are absolutely fantastic. The older Carenado planes are okay, but tend to have 2D gauges - the later ones are really superb. Highly recommended - though I wish the Flight 1 B200 was on sale :(

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,007 Volunteer Moderator
    I've always wanted their C130 so I'll be having that hopefully :) nice post Brix :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,388
    Project 2501
    We do NOT want you to have a C130.  :D
    edited December 6
    Digikid1 said:
    We do NOT want you to have a C130.  :D
    I want one and I want it NOW !!!!

Edit ahhh I won't be getting one after all, it's for FS9 still.......dammit
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    Not sim but aviation related and might be of interest to us plane nuts, aviation vids at 30 percent off :) http://www.justplanes.com
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,982
    Project 2501
    edited December 6
    When you get their fantabulistical C-130, be sure to refer to my super-duper easy checklist for getting it started up. I used to have a video with it - in fact, I might just re-upload it to YT, though it was recorded from the Rift and is SBS 3D (as I was trying to see if it was possible to do a complete start-up in VR - which you can, but some things are better done on the 2D panel).

https://sites.google.com/view/virtual-pilot/home/c-130-hercules

Be warned - she can be very finicky when it gets to the actual engine starting process. Just operate the condition levers through their full travel and try again - eventually they will start. It's still got quite a bit of 2D in there, as it's an old updated FS9 model - but is my fave 4 engined cargo hauler. The one in the banner on that web page is my Air Hauler L100 :)

PS - the sounds aren't up to snuff, though.