New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

The Talos Principle - now available in the Oculus Store

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 901
3Jane
One of my favorite games just arrived in the Oculus Store:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1962004113896614

I already bought the game on Steam, so I haven't tried the new Oculus version. 

The game has gotten several amazing reviews, some examples:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,264 Power Poster
    Yes, I've been waiting for this one!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 901
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    Yes, I've been waiting for this one!

I just checked, and I paid about $20 for the similar Steam package Dec 13 2017, so unless the Rift version really shines compared to the Steam version, $40 in the Oculus Store does seem kinda expensive (then again, the Steam price is back to $40 right now). The Steam version performs great on my system, it's hard to imagine that the Rift version can perform much better - it's a highly polished game. 

My backlog is still way too long - but maybe it's worth a try contacting support and asking for a free Oculus version for users already owning the Steam version: [email protected]
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)