Anyone else experiencing Forum access/posting problems? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone else experiencing Forum access/posting problems?

PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 217
Nexus 6
edited December 2018 in Off-Topic
For the past week or so I've been experiencing little glitches when coming to the Forum.

- Clicking once on anything does nothing, clicking a second time on the same items does what it suppose to.
- trying to post anything bring up an error stating 'There was an error performing your request. Please try again', trying a second time and all is fine.
- sometimes the page doesn't fully come in and I have to refresh it once or twice.
- also, when posting, sometimes a little box appears with the 3 revolving dots and then nothing happens, then I have to go back to the prior page and then forward again to actually try to post. It happened even trying to post this topic.

These are just little irritations but I only experience this when coming to Oculus forums and nowhere else.

I use Firefox, so I'm wondering if the latest FF update has caused issues with the site.

i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803

"Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details in a year or two...

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,057 Valuable Player
    No, but it still takes forever for me to login. I don't think Oculus have ever had their forum working properly when it comes to logging in and maybe you are experiencing a different bug, which doesn't surprise me..
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,177
    Wintermute
    Be good, die great !
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,722 Valuable Player
    KlodsBrik said:

I hate spammers.

@PhoenixSpyder I wonder if you could add a comment to this thread also:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74475/i-think-its-time-for-a-forum-code-update

I'm hoping if the thread keeps reappearing at the top of the support section it may embarrass Oculus enough to respond.... and maybe sort things out.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,112
    Wintermute
    edited April 27
    @Zenbane wants to stop complainers on here is why so he probably hacked it! It's to do with his OCD you know. He hates ugly pixels :D
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,889 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    @Zenbane wants to stop complainers on here is why so he probably hacked it! It's to do with his OCD you know. He hates ugly pixels

Well this is definitely a personal attack (accusing me of having OCD). And a pointless one as I have not directed any comments to you in this thread.

I'll pass this along to the Mods.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Wintermute
    It's relative to the thread topic and you sprung to mind my friend ;)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,889 Valuable Player
    edited April 27
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    It's relative to the thread topic and you sprung to mind my friend
    Well I don't have OCD, and you aren't exactly known for being effective at using your "mind." You are just butthurt because I asked you to stop spamming so now you want to take the fight to other threads. Pathetic and childish.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,722 Valuable Player

@MAC_MAN86 I've resisted adding comments to your threads even though I think multiple thread posting on the same subject is a little selfish, as is bumping each of your own threads multiple times.

It's even worse to start posting your problem in other people's threads which aren't related to your problem.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
    Wintermute
    No problem I did not posted here.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,813 Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 27
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    @Zenbane wants to stop complainers on here is why so he probably hacked it! It's to do with his OCD you know. He hates ugly pixels :D
    Can you explain your post via pm? Personal attacks are forbidden here as you know from previous times when you have complained to me. OCD is something not to be joked about as well. If you read elsewhere on this forum you'll see I'm knuckling down on stupid posts and users that seem to think ridiculing other users is funny. Another fair warning.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

This discussion has been closed.