Rift 1.33 Release Rolling Out Now — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.33 Release Rolling Out Now

OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 329 Oculus Staff
edited December 2018 in Oculus Rift S and Rift

Dash:

• We've added a new system keyboard to Dash. You can access it by clicking on the keyboard icon at the bottom right of any virtual desktop window.
  • We've updated Dash's background environment with new textures and lighting.

Home:

• You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report.
  • We've added a new collection of festive items to celebrate the holidays!
    • Assets include:
      • Decorations
        • Lodge Sofa
        • Lodge Armchair
        • Antique Sled Table
        • Lodge Rug
        • Rustic Dining Stool
        • Rustic Island
        • Rustic Long Counter
        • Rustic Square Counter
        • Rustic Long Shelf
        • Rustic Short Shelf
        • Rustic Bookcase
        • Comet
        • Cupid
        • Mistletoe
        • Cheerful Centerpiece
        • Winter Wreath
        • Christmas Stockings
        • Regal Buck
        • Snowflake the Snowman
        • Popsicle the Snowpup
        • Menorah
        • Kinara
        • Mkeka
      • Objects
        • Muhindi
        • Unity Cup
        • Gimmel the Dreidel Plushie
        • Christmas Present
        • Tales for the Winter Solstice
        • Cheerful Throw Pillow
        • Joyful Throw Pillow
      • Environment
        • Ceiling Winter Cabin
        • Details Winter Cabin
        • Floor Winter Cabin
        • Wall Winter Cabin

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,163
    Wintermute
    Ya and a Xmas Angel too!

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

• Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    haha
    Wintermute
    Just downloaded and cannot see much diff from 1.32,  Maybe a little better performance.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,883 Valuable Player
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Just downloaded and cannot see much diff from 1.32,  Maybe a little better performance.

Maybe I should test performance thoroughly in 1.32 later today (just in Home) - in case there's a nice surprise in 1.33. It'll probably be a few more days before I get 1.33.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Wintermute
    RuneSR2 said:
    TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe I should test performance thoroughly in 1.32 later today (just in Home) - in case there's a nice surprise in 1.33. It'll probably be a few more days before I get 1.33.
    If you are in a hurry to get 1.33 public release now you can probably just opt-into the PTC and/or do a reinstall/repair, or just wait for it to magically appear (actually probably best option imho).  I chose to opt back into PTC and it all appears to work fine.  I'm still not sure how useful the dash keyboard is but maybe I will find some use for it in the future. 

Kinda disappointed that there does not seem to be ASW 2.0 included though, or at least I don't see it.  This was promised a couple of months ago to be released by ~ end of 2018 (ya, I know we are not there yet, duh).  I'm looking forward to this because ASW 1.0 gives me way too many artifacts (like wavy building windows) on high demand sims like X-plane 11 which cannot do 90fps in VR (just 40-50fps).  For now I just find it best to turn it off.

https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9jptp1/asynchronous_spacewarp_20_coming_soon_via_rift/

Still, always good to see new Oculus Rift Updates imho.  Thanks Oculus.

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 642
    Neo
    edited December 2018
    Avatar SDK packet implementation is still broken in unity from this update. Really disappointing that this was pushed when it was made clear to your internal team weeks ago that this would break games.
    Edit: fixed now, thanks guys
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,927 Valuable Player
    Good grief. No Christmas Tree..?

Probably because you can't really call it anything but a Christmas Tree and because of ridiculous political correctness we're not allowed to call Christmas anything but Winter Festival or something similar.

Dear Oculus, you haven't included a Christmas Tree in the latest update. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive!!! :o :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    it's the annual, primary, non-denominational gifting period :smiley:
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • ohgrantohgrant Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    I was a bit worried about this one from some of what I was reading from the PTC thread. Was a quick update here, 
    Only had a chance to try out Vox Machinae so far, but there was a huge graphical improvement here. Not sure if it has something to do with that new toggle in the dash graphics setting? Everything looks better in that game, the terrain, the distance from the cockpit to the terrain, friend and foe mechs everything is beautiful. Overall performance seems to have improved. Going to give it a good workout tonight, if the results are consistent, this one is gold. Bravo driver team. 
    As far as the furnishings, sorry I don't have the ability to appreciate those things much.       
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,914 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    snowdog said:
    Good grief. No Christmas Tree..?

Probably because you can't really call it anything but a Christmas Tree and because of ridiculous political correctness we're not allowed to call Christmas anything but Winter Festival or something similar.

Dear Oculus, you haven't included a Christmas Tree in the latest update. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive!!! :o :D :D :D
    i have no idea why no xmas tree, it does seem boneheaded and the (tiny bit) of reactionary daily mail reader in me wants to agree with you about it trying to back away from christmas and more towards winter holiday... however the fact that there are Christmas stockings and an xmas present in there tells me you may be adding 1 and 1 and coming up to 11 ;)
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,364 Volunteer Moderator
    Err... you can add your own meshes. If you desperately need a christmas tree then find one online, convert to gltf and add it.
    Or even better, open up Medium and make a unique one with your own decorations. :)

• DTHDTH Posts: 238
    Nexus 6
    only 11 days left to add it or wait for Santa, internet highway will be bumper to bumper then.
  • assettomioassettomio Posts: 413
    Nexus 6
    Well the software was already completely bugged for me, recieved no support whatsoever, no fix, nothing, but now I'm getting the "Dash has encountered a fatal error. Please reload Dash to continue." on top of a nice black useless screen, good job guys, I thought you couldn't do any worse, and yes all of my drivers are completely up to date.
    Not that it matters much since even my replacement rift is starting to fall apart by now near the spring area, I guess it's just a matter of time before I can use it as the most expensive toilet decoration I've ever bought, what a piece of shit
  • BrainGBrainG Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello, I am looking for advice in solving a problem or at least clarifying the reason.
    With the installation of the latest updated software on Oculus rift CV-1 v.1.33, there were problems in correct operation. When you enter Oculus Home, the black screen image is forked and shifted to the left screen, the virtual control panel in the form of an arc is the same offset and bifurcated to the left tap until the virtual world is loaded; the background grid is displayed to the left eye with space distortions; At all, as the virtual situation is loaded, the background is displayed correctly except for the curved control panel, when loading games, the picture of the loaded game is also doubled and shifted to the left screen, as the game plunges into becoming as it should. Some games in SteamVR stopped working, just a black screen, for example Beat Saber. Home world SteamVR displayed correctly.
    I asked a couple of Oculus rift CV-1 users if they had similar problems, they don’t have one, although one has been frequently cast out of games, and the other after the update could not even start it right away.
    What is it all can be. Before the update on v.1.32 everything worked correctly.
  • MacDaveProMacDavePro Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    A bunch of rubbish that I don't want or need but again (an almost fortnightly inconvenience now) I must sit around for an hour while all this shit downloads before I can use my PC again. FFS enough with the bullshit updates. Where is the option to opt out of this crap and just get driver updates?
  • FinalSagaFinalSaga Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited December 2018
    So my oculus rift updated just now and now all I get is:
    Can't reach oculus runtime service...
    all screwed up and nothing works ofcourse
  • McdouchersonMcdoucherson Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    FinalSaga said:
    Same here man. Doing a repair in control panel now. 
    NerveGear
    FinalSaga said:
    Same here man. Doing a repair in control panel now. 
    Did not fix....
    NerveGear
    trying the same.. almost done..  but got that bad feeling about it here aswell =/
  • Batou81Batou81 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same...

NerveGear
    Batou81 said:
    Same...

The service is running. Restarted, stopped it, then restarted my system, then started. Nothing. This is my third day with the Oculus and this is infuriating. Was working fine until this update applied. 
    NerveGear
    Nada..  reinstalled it all - after uninstalling ofcourse, same deal - repaired with the oculus repair.. same deal
    not working
    Merry christmas to us all huh ;)
    NerveGear
    Yay for earning our first comment badges...thanks for the email about that Oculus 
    NerveGear
    Go oculus front page guys, at the buttom of the page, click support and look ;)
    NerveGear
    edited December 2018
    Here's a direct link to the patch
    Gonna  test it out here

Edit: No joy here.. installed and even rebooted - no joy here...
  • Batou81Batou81 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    FinalSaga said:
    Go oculus front page guys, at the buttom of the page, click support and look ;)
    I allready did this and it didnt work.

• levi.dixon.12levi.dixon.12 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    wow, having to explain this is annoying. Dev's, dont ever release an update friday. Always release it on a tuesday, thats the way all software companies do it.
    NerveGear
    yup..  no joy at all..  You know the old saying heheh Fix it 'till breaks