New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What are you driving and other cars

Jake_DragonJake_Dragon Posts: 98
Hiro Protagonist
The day I got it.

Some other cars I have owned.

So have anything interesting?

Comments

• PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 209
    Nexus 6
    My ride is a 2013 Mustang GT Premium convertible black on black. Haven't taken any pics yet...too busy inside VR...LOL!!! Joking B)
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,785 Valuable Player
    I just drive @vannagirl round the bend lol  :D

I don't drive, never learned, because I don't trust myself behind the wheel due to my diabetes.

I do have a claim to fame though. My Dad used to be a car mechanic and once fixed Kenny Baker's car. He had wooden blocks on his pedals so that he could reach them! :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,553 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    Nissan QQ and Peugeot 308 :(

Since having a child all my nice cars are in VR.

Pre child I owned a Fiat Coupe 20vt, Fiat Coupe 20vt+ and a Nissan 350z.

I am pondering picking up a 2nd hand Chevy Camaro when they drop in price a bit but will need to do some research on the 1st (I was looking at a 2016 mustang until I learned that they were one of the worst made cars sold in the UK in terms of crash safety - facts I would never have even considered pre child!)

My next car will probably be my last fossil fuel car (and that is assuming I don't go electric next time even)

Edit I just realised this may have looked  like I was dissing Ops car. This is absolutely not the case and I really still like them, just sadly not at this part of my life with my current priorities 
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Jake_DragonJake_Dragon Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    Edit I just realised this may have looked  like I was dissing Ops car. This is absolutely not the case and I really still like them, just sadly not at this part of my life with my current priorities 
    I didn't take it that way. Lot of issues with safety and airbags. Just got mine sorted out.
    The safest car I had was my 1986 Fiero SE if you look it up only one other car did better. 
    Good for you and keeping your priorities. 

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,175 Volunteer Moderator
    2 month old Peugeot 3008 best car I've ever had =

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,247 Valuable Player

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,785 Valuable Player
    The best thing about my Dad being a mechanic when I was a kid was that I got a lift to school in various different cars. The best one of all was one of these:

I was the Cool Kid At School for a day which made a nice change lol :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,266 Valuable Player

Unfortunately this is what I'm not driving....

Each year I plan to get it back on the road and each year it gets put off, so making do with an Alfa 159. The garage is just too small to work on it since I moved house. Well maybe if I cleared out all the junk....!

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
    Hiro Protagonist

Unfortunately this is what I'm not driving....

Each year I plan to get it back on the road and each year it gets put off, so making do with an Alfa 159. The garage is just too small to work on it since I moved house. Well maybe if I cleared out all the junk....!

Nice. My Fiero sat along side my carport for 2 years. One day I just didn't walk by and moved it to the car port and started working on it again. You still own it so you have time. Don't let it go as you will regret it, trust me.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,266 Valuable Player
    Nice. My Fiero sat along side my carport for 2 years. One day I just didn't walk by and moved it to the car port and started working on it again. You still own it so you have time. Don't let it go as you will regret it, trust me.

You're right there Jake, unfortunately the drive leading to the garage is a narrow inclined gravel one so mot much good for working. Would love a double garage and room for a rotisserie, I even considered knocking the rear wall of the garage down so I can move the car into the rear garden in a marquee then have the wall rebuilt when it's all done. Probably cheaper than hiring a workspace knowing how slow I work.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,225
    Project 2501
    edited December 2018
    This:

1 litre engine, 147 BHP and goes like hell.

Certainly scared the crap out of me on a few occasions :)

I do only get out on it half a dozen times a year, though.

Hiro Protagonist
    Brixmis said:
    This:

1 litre engine, 147 BHP and goes like hell.

Certainly scared the crap out of me on a few occasions :)

I do only get out on it half a dozen times a year, though.
    When I moved in with my girl friend she said she had a bike in the garage. Its been sitting for a long time. 
    Turns out its a 1999 Suzuki Savage 650 with 200 miles on it. Its going to be a summer project to get it back on the road and my endorsement so I can start riding it. No pictures yet but when I get started on the rebuild I will share or I will post what I trade it in on :)
    Hiro Protagonist
    Roaster said:
    My summer ride, no top ...

I have been looking at these for a long time. I keep checking the couch and never find enough change. 
    Was close to getting one of the kits on a custom frame but didn't have anywhere to store it. So I got the Mustang instead.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I went car shopping and stopped in one of the Chevy dealers. I was looking at the Corvettes and found one in my price range. Parked and went to look at it. Automatic so that explained the price and I passed but my GT was sitting next to it. The sales guy walks up and has the key in his hand. One ride and I was sold. It has had a lot of suspension work done. It doesn't kick out when the power comes on at 3000 RPMs like I have seen before. You know you have seen the videos. It had 48000 miles on it when I got it. Not bad for a 2007 It has 62000 miles on it now.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,554
    Project 2501
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    1995 Black Honda Prelude 2.2l V-Tech, almost like brand new <3
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Project 2501
    Roaster said:
    My summer ride, no top ...
    ..and in my favourite colour! :'(

Project 2501
    @Jake_Dragon - where are you mate? I'm looking for a middleweight cruiser - might not be a bad choice.