New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Double vision in left eye

NhojjNhojj Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi guys i am experiencing problems in the Oculus home. i am seeing double of everything in my left eye and the right does not have anything.
I have gone through and reinstalled everything. It was working fine until 2 days ago. Maybe an update stuffed something up? Or could it be a setting issue?

Comments

• FINSullivanFINSullivan Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Same issue. Looking for a fix. But starting to look more and more that only Oculus can fix this with another update.
    Are you using GTX 780 or 780 TI by any chance?
    I'm guessing that oculus update messed something up with older GPU's.
    Kind a stupid that they support GTX 960 as a minimum requirement when GTX 780 TI is around 50% more powerful.
    My friend just bought a vive and he has a lot older GPU than i have, no issues there. Software warns him that his GPU is old but games still work.
    Looking at the forums i see people have new "supported" GPUs and still have problems installing oculus or starting it.
    I bought oculus rift because i thought this was a finished product and read that many people were using this with GTX 780 TI without any issues.
    Vive starting to look like a lot better option now.
  • TorakoVRTorakoVR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue, running GTX Titan. Going to keep looking, but I'll leave an update here if I'm able to come to any helpful conclusions.
  • diedessidiedessi Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Same problem also on my computer, unfortunately for now I use the GTX 760 waiting for the GTX 1070.
  • ky4jwky4jw Posts: 103
    Hiro Protagonist
     I’m having the same problem this is going to kill Oculus with its sales for  Christmas .
  • punisherx302punisherx302 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Mine is doing the exact same thing. It was fine even with the new nvidia update last week. Fridays Oculus update apparently caused this. i7 with a GTX 780 , users with Titans reporting the same problem
  • Cl0ver99Cl0ver99 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem too. I did send it a ticket with the diagnostics attached to support so hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • khevvakhevva Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Im having the same problem since the last actualization
  • Animox24Animox24 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue. Seemed to have happened after the new update, however I wasn't using my rift often prior to the update so I have no way to know for sure. I'm running a GTX 750ti (I know, I know. I'm getting a 1070ti soon shush) and an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU. It only seems to affect the dash system itself, and after about 10 seconds the right-eye screen flips on and the world looks fine... ish. the dash only shows up in my left eye, but there is two instances of the dash. If I load up a game however, everything seems to work fine, unless I press the home button. When I press it, the dash appears, but then almost immediately crashes and I can no longer interact with my game. Whats weird is that other players say they can still see me move when this happens, but I can't see my player's body or interact. (I can still see everything around me in the game though.) I have to restart all oculus services for it to fix itself (However only temp.)
  • coope1999coope1999 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I'm having the exact same issue as OP. I have a 780ti. I'm about to open a ticket. I hope this will be sorted soon.
  • Cl0ver99Cl0ver99 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    So update to the problem: It's the GPU
    I had a GTX 950 that I never used and swapped it with the 760 I had in my pc at the time. The issue went right away. So right now the solution is to either wait for Oculus to patch the issue or to get a newer GPU. It really sucks, but that's what it looks like
  • coope1999coope1999 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I'm sorry but getting a new GPU is a ridiculous suggestion. There is nothing wrong with the performance of the card. It only affects the menus in Oculus. It's just something they need to patch. I've opened a ticket but no reply but I don't expect one as there are others in this thread who have also opened tickets.
  • JaimieVandenberghJaimieVandenbergh Posts: 207
    Nexus 6
    It won't be the GPU, it'll be the exact driver/Oculus software path that certain GPUs use.
    My GTX970Ti is fine.
  • arsomartineraarsomartinera Posts: 3
    NerveGear

Not sure about the judder for me, but I definitely get ghosting.

What gpu do you have?

There was an Oculus update a month or two ago where they said it fixes an issue with ghosting on AMD cards (IIRC).

I have an AMD R9 290, but it didn't fix it. Unless that update was for home 2.0 beta which I am not using.....

I love my Rift, use it almost everyday for hours on end in the evening, and its a fricken mind blowing piece of tech, but man, it has come with so many issues for me. Mostly my own PC issues nonetheless, but still hasn't been a totally smooth experience. Gen 2 will likely fix that in most ways. Ultimately my PC probably just isn't up to the task as much as I would hope it is, but setting up tracking sucks.

see  : https://tgw.onl/digitalocean/  https://tgw.onl/siteground/ https://tgw.onl/ipage/

• aimetriboletaimetribolet Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Same issue here with Oculus Dash. Background and menu panel are both rendered in the left eye and overlapping (the front panels are not affected though, they are still rendered ok in both eyes). Oculus Home and my VR Apps are running also ok.
    This bug looks like a simple inadvertent wrong LR layer switch for rendering. So this is looking weird and annoying at the moment. This happened last week or so with the last update. I have a GTX780. I also have a 2nd PC with GTX 960 and doesn't have the issue.
    Everything was running fine and smooth before that last problematic Oculus update.
    So, for this spotted specific bug affecting GTX780, we all need a simple fix for that in the next Oculus update.
    Thank you.

NerveGear
    With the Nividia GTX 780, I uninstalled/reinstalled both Nividia driver (older & latest version) and Oculus setup, these steps didn't solve the issue of wrong Left/Right eye layer rendering for Oculus Dash. 
    I noticed that if I enable the setting "VR layers" (in the Graphics panel) than Right eye gets totally black because all layers (panels+menu+backgroud) are rendered in the Left eye (and overlapping). When this one is disabled, only the front panels are rendered ok in both eyes.
    This is definitely a layer rendering switch bug affecting GTX 780.
  • elfking77elfking77 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    pareil pour moi j ai un tri sli gtx titan 
    j ai tous désinstaller et réinstaller toujours le même problème
    peut ton revenir a la mise a jour antérieur sur oculus ?
  • faragafaraga Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is also happening to me. My gpu is a GTX 780 Ti (MSI card) and everything was working just fine until recently.
    What I've tried myself:
    - Reinstall Oculus Software (also removing folders in appdata)
    - Connect Rift and Sensor to different usb ports
    - Upgraded to Windows 10 1809
    - Tried a couple of different Nvidia drivers

Other relevant specs in my system:
    - Intel Core i7 4770K on stock speeds
    - 4x4 GB DDR3 RAM by Crucial
    - MSI Z87-G45 motherboard

Nothing so far has worked and I've sunk hours into troubleshooting. Games still mostly run fine, though I run into more performance issues and I can't reset my view because the Oculus Software is really bugged. I hope a fix will be out soon, because my gpu was performing just fine and I didn't have the intention to upgrade just yet.
    NerveGear
    Hoping support would reply something after the holidays.
    This is really a make or break deal for me.
    If they can't fix this, i can't trust oculus in the future not to release another update that will just stop working with my GPU.
    They have a compatibility tool i used before buying rift and it passed all checks.
    Like i mentioned in some other topic, i'll wait around mid January and if still no response from support regarding this issue. Oculus will lose a customer and vive will gain one.
    At that point i won't care if they fix this later or not. Just too bad and slow support for my liking.
    What i mean by response from support, not to my personal ticket that i opened. They replied to that next day but almost robotic, very generic response. "Have you checked your HDMI pins, removed adapters and extensions, also you're GTX 780TI does not meet the minimum requirements"
    Yes, yes and yes, i know now but it passed you're compatibility check tool.
    Also noticed, beat saber used to have no fps issues, now has random fps drops after the update.
    Same thing as faraga, can't reset view because oculus will crash.
    Also big beat saber update few weeks ago fixed sensor issues but are now back with this update.
    I used to lose one of my sabers at mid song, big beat saber update came and this almost never happened again.
    Now it happens pretty often again. Probably related to the performance issue, dropping frames and how oculus is running in the background.
  • ArtimustauArtimustau Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    my setup is almost exactly as most people here, and it seems pretty clear the only problem is something in the recent oculus update that effects specifically the GTX 780 and GTX 780 TI. This card is way more powerful than the minimum requirement and has been capable of VR for some time. This feels more like a forced push to update hardware that is more than capable of running the software. After hours spent on troubleshooting, and no solution in sight this might be a deal breaker for me and the use of the rift. might just return the headset if this continues to be an issue.
  • TealplumTealplum Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm having the same issues. GTX 780 worked completely fine and ran most games just fine. My i5 4690k is what's been struggling to keep up. 
    NerveGear
    I sent a ticket the 12/22 for that bug.
    Support reply 12/24 with "This issue should be resolved in Oculus Home version 1.35".
    We all hope they will fix it soon ;)
    NerveGear
    Support reply 12/24 with "This issue should be resolved in Oculus Home version 1.35".
    Did they give you any sort of timeline on when that version would be released?
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,152
    Wintermute
    Tealplum said:

Normally there're 4-6 weeks between updates, and 1.33 rolled out Dec 12. 1.34 may arrive mid Jan or close to Feb. 1.35 could be anytime from mid Feb to March. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)
    NerveGear
    RuneSR2 said:
    Tealplum said:

Normally there're 4-6 weeks between updates, and 1.33 rolled out Dec 12. 1.34 may arrive mid Jan or close to Feb. 1.35 could be anytime from mid Feb to March. 
    Awesome. Thanks for the update. This really sucks in the meantime...I was trying to demo to my girlfriends family yesterday and it was really shitty that I had to pull it off their heads every 15 minutes to change the game when they wanted to switch.
  • ky4jwky4jw Posts: 103
    Hiro Protagonist
    Are they ever going to fix this? It has been several weeks now...

• andywattsandywatts Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    +1. 780ti here.
  • napox42napox42 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same problem here with 780ti classified 
    NerveGear
    Update: Every game is practically unplayable at the moment.
    Oculus running like shit on the background is causing a lot of issues with sensors and controllers.
    I can't even finish most songs in beat saber anymore since controllers keep disappearing/not responding.
    Both controllers, new batteries, even tried to put some tinfoil so the battery doesn't move around.
    2-3 weeks and if no fix, going to demand a refund. If no refund, reporting to consumer protection to black list oculus company and i will put a lot of effort to warn people of all oculus rift issues on every possible platform i can imagine.
    I'm pissed. 500e for a piece of junk that after 2-3 months of use is now a paper weight.
    This is not supposed to sound like threat. More like an ultimatum.
    I give oculus 2-3 weeks to fix their shit. If they can't do that. Why would i support company like this?
  • ksnksn Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    edited January 5
    The same bug here with 780 GTX appeared in december and annoying so much. It's always sad when update brings new bugs instead of fixing old ones.
  • stacheman82stacheman82 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited January 10
    And I thought I was the only one. I have been at this since November 2018!.  I have went thru multiple service reps that all say the same thing about deleting old installations and reinstalling, which I have done too many times. I refuse to upgrade my GTX 780ti which was operating just fine before their upgrade. If they are going to update the software that runs the rift they need to troubleshoot before going live. For now I am able to use my apps, but the home screen double vision desktop thing is super annoying, especially when it seems that they are aware of it but not admitting to causing the problem in the first place.