cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen on Oculus rift

VinodhPK
Honored Guest
I have purchased Asus TUF Gaming FX504GM-E4112T,  (NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB Graphics, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8300H Processor 2.3 GHz/8GB/1TB/128GB SSD) recently. In the process of configuration steps with the Oculus, Oculus sensors and Oculus touch controllers are working fine but when I put on my Oculus rift, I only see blank screen but audio is working. I updated the graphics and all but I couldn't get rid of the blank screen. Hence I am not able to configure further. Please help 
6 REPLIES 6

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
How many USB ports do you have, have you tried the Rift usb in any other one?
Are you using any extension cables?
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

VinodhPK
Honored Guest
It has 3 USB ports and one HDMI, and I am not using any extension cables. I tried Oculus rift in another mission and it's working fine there. But with my new system, it's not working I mean showing blank black screen.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Did it install the oculus software and pass all the tests?

Have you tried the headset usb in all the ports to see if that works......how many sensors do you have plugged in, try just one with the headset to see if it's a power draw or bandwidth issue.

VinodhPK
Honored Guest
I installed Oculus software and it passed the Oculus sensors test, Oculus touch controllers test. After that, it says, put on your VR and follow the configuration steps from there and when I do that, I see nothing just a blank screen so I am not able to proceed further. I skipped the setup and opened the Oculus app and downloaded one of free app from the Oculus store and played it. But still the audio is working but the video is not coming at all.

VinodhPK
Honored Guest

OmegaM4N said:

Did it install the oculus software and pass all the tests?

Have you tried the headset usb in all the ports to see if that works......how many sensors do you have plugged in, try just one with the headset to see if it's a power draw or bandwidth issue.

Yes I tried with all the possible combinations but still no luck.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I know with laptops that they come with these intergrated gpu, has this been disabled in case the rift is defaulting to it instead of the 1060, might be worth checking.

Plus disable all power saving features in case these are cutting power to the usb ports.