New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Vreal Is Amazing For Watching VR Game Recordings And Live Streams!

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 284
Nexus 6

As many of you know I have been out here creating videos of my VR gameplay for years now and I have always wondered if there was a better way for my viewers to actually get a sense of what I was really experiencing? Lets face it....there is just no way to truly convey the sense of what I am seeing through a traditional 2d video! Well after trying out Vreal I now know that there actually is a platform that gives people with a VR headset a true sense of what it is like to be there with me as I play.

Vreal is aiming to become the Twitch/YouTube of the VR gaming scene and even though the app is still in early access it is already showing a lot of promise! Currently there are only 6 titles working with the platform such as SuperHot, Gorn, Fantastic Contraption, Arizona Sunshine, Tiltbrush and Google Blocks and I really hope that we will see this list fill out soon.

What makes Vreal unique is in the way that they allow multiple viewers to spectate and even interact with each other within the playback of the game or app currently being viewed. Users have the ability to teleport around the maps as the action is happening allowing them to take in the scene from any view point as well as chat with each other, draw with markers or take in game selfies. I have not had a chance to check out the creator side just yet but after glancing over it everything looks pretty simple to use for content creators who want to publish there gameplay on Vreal's app. I also noticed the ability to capture traditional 2D footage using pre-placed cameras within the game. This is cool because for creating a traditional VR gameplay video it will allow the content creator to create specific camera shots of the in game footage and show it without the ever present shaky head cam we see in most VR videos today.

Overall I was very impressed with what I saw in Vreal and will definitely be keeping a closer eye on the development as it progresses! If you have a VR headset and want to try out Vreal for yourself make sure to head to their page from the link below and grab a copy.... It's free and works on all of the major PC VR headsets.

Get Vreal here: http://bit.ly/vrgamerdudeandvreal

"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,226
    Project 2501
    edited December 2018
    I hope this goes well. I was the same with making dozens of 3D SBS videos for YT after the Rift release, but no really decent way to watch them without too much blurriness or too low a resolution.

Added it to my library but will wait for now and see how it develops.