New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Who Plays Fortnite?

BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,170
Project 2501
Excuse me for mentioning pancake, but I just came across this - probably well known (I don't cos I don't like this kind of tripe) but for your interest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46624136

Draw your own conclusions

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,546 Valuable Player
    Children.

By the way, what the hell is pancake?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,510 Power Poster
    Children.

Flat games, like a pancake.

Flat games are for peasants as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't play Fortnite or any other flat game because it isn't a VR game.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 404
    Trinity
    I'm not a child and I do play Fortnite. Or at least I used to, but it has way too many updates and I have a very slow network, I don't update it anymore so I can't play it anymore.
    A very polished game for what it's worth (0€...). Epic Games is behind this game, that's the people who made Robo Recall if I remember correctly. Good people.

As for that news... I'm always skeptical about things like this. It's just like hackers being behind the Momo Challenge: hard to say if it's true or if it's just clickbait.
    My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300HQ @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop or Virtual Desktop).

"Everything changes. Even the happy or funny things disappear. Can I still enjoy this place anyway?"
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,491
    Project 2501
    Children.

It's a really stupid term for gaming on a monitor rather than a VR headset.
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,170
    Project 2501
    "Flat as a pancake" - not stupid, but a well used phrase - and very apt in the case of 2D games ;)

Besides, with all the crap terminology and shite English I've seen on the internet I came to the reluctant conclusion that it doesn't matter how something is expressed, the point of words is to communicate, so as long as the meaning is understood, who gives?