New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Flyinside Flight sim on steam.

Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,082 Volunteer Moderator
Very shortly Flyinside will be releasing our flight sim on steam, this is built from the ground up with many new scenery enhancements and numerous aircraft included. CH47 B737 T38 B310 and many more. The trial isn't on steam yet and if you want to try before you buy head over to the Flyinside store ;)
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
And FlyInside Forum Admin.
Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.

Comments

• BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,171
    Project 2501
    Has the trial increased now from 7 minutes? I'm hoping that was a bug.

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,082 Volunteer Moderator
    No bug and not my decision mate.......The 7 minutes is infinite but have to restart each time, I'll see if Dan will increase it a bit.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    Project 2501
    OK no worries - I thought it was supposed to be 15 but when 7 showed I'd assumed it was a bug (I know a few others mentioned it).

15 was for the Flyinside plugin mate.
    Released on steam now, if anyone already has a copy from the store then contact us for a steam key ;)
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 273
    Nexus 6
    Good news, i was hoping this would come to steam just as to have everything in one place. ;)
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 532
    Neo
    edited December 2018
    I bought the original version a couple of months ago.  I requested a Steam key and received it pretty well right after it was released on Steam.  I uninstalled my original version, then used the steam key to download and installed it on my D drive like all my other Steam games/apps.  I was surprised that it only took up ~14.5Gb of diskspace compared to ~40Gb with the original version (which I had installed on my SSD C drive).  Not sure why the big diff but this sure freed up a lot of my SSD diskspace, lol!  This all went well and my only complaint is that when I start up the sim I always get the windows UAC popup asking me if it's ok for this program to make changes on my PC, yes/no.  This is the first Steam app that I have ever had do this.  No real big deal though.

Overall, this sim continues to improve.  Buildings and ground textures look a little better but buildings  do not seem to reflect actual buildings at any locations like the Las Vegas Strip for example.  Hopefully these will improve over time.  Also, there still is no instrument lighting on the heli's so night flying with them is not very good.  I mainly sim with heli's so good building and street detail, and instrument lighting for night flying is kinda important to me.  The heli's are fun to fly though.

I'm looking forward to future improvement in 2019.  Thanks Flyinside developers!
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
    You should of seen beta/alpha  minus 100 mate lol it was a little different then ;) I keep badgering Dan for the instrument lights and he'll get there soon I'm sure. We are looking at implementing different scenery at the mo and things can and will only get better. As for the smaller scenery size......Dan has done some voodoo stuff under the hood and optimised it all lol
    Cannot help with the UAC thing though but I'll ask Dan.
    edited December 2018
    Dan and the team will check for you mate. He said it sounds like a dependency isn't loading.

Email here changing at with the symbol.

malcolm"at"flyinside-fsx.com 

Also try turning UAC off then loading FFS then turn it back on ?
    Project 2501
    edited December 2018
    OK, I finally bought it. Didn't get my reduction, but I've sent an email about that.

Just hope it attracts some interest from devs and they don't overcharge us for 'converted' models. If they do, I'm knocking you off my Christmas card list! :p

Well, I can't afford expensive add-ons and Christmas cards.....

Neo
    Techy111 said:
    Dan and the team will check for you mate. He said it sounds like a dependency isn't loading.

Email here changing at with the symbol.

malcolm"at"flyinside-fsx.com 

Also try turning UAC off then loading FFS then turn it back on ?
    Ya, if I turn UAC off (which I really do not like doing) then this of course avoids the popup.  However, when I then change it back afterwards it gives me the popup next time I startup FI.  No biggy imho, just a bit annoying.  I'm sure that this plus the heli interior lighting thingy will get fixed in due course.  Still a hellava good start for a dedicated VR sim imho.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
    Project 2501
    This has even got me dusting off my Leap Motion. Might even try it in FI FSX/P3D again.

Let me know if you haven't got the discount Brix, he's away for the hols but I should be able to get you sorted.
    Neo
    This may not be important or relevant but after playing with my Windows 10 UAC settings I started to have a few problems with my Oculus Rift.  First of all I started getting Oculus PC app messages saying that I may need to redo my Rift setup.  When I did this My orientation was like 90 degrees to the left.  I finally needed to reinstall/repair plus do a sensor reconfiguration in order to get everything working properly again.

Thats bizarre mate, never heard of that one in relation to the sim before ? Is it all settled down now? 
    Project 2501

Techy111 said:
    Let me know if you haven't got the discount Brix, he's away for the hols but I should be able to get you sorted.
    I didn't get it - sent a mail to [email protected] though. 'Spect it'll be after Chrimbo and New Year before it gets sorted, but as long as it does, there's no real hurry.

Came across some bugs, but I'll have to check the official forum to see what's been reported and what hasn't. Nothing game breaking.

Neo
    Techy111 said:
    Thats bizarre mate, never heard of that one in relation to the sim before ? Is it all settled down now? 
    Ya, all back to normal now.  Not really sure what caused this problem???

Project 2501
    edited January 8
    Techy111 said:
    I'm a bit consfused now. I hadn't heard anything, so yesterday I emailed Dan and got a reply within a couple of hours (nice response time). He said that when I bought the sim, the discount for previous customers had ended.

He's going to refund me the difference anyway, as I've bought all his previous releases and I also didn't get the mail that was apparently sent out to customers, warning them of the impending end of the discount period. I've tried to change my email address numerous times, but was never able to - even mailed Dan about it, but I guess it got lost amongst his doubtless weighty inbox.