cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flyinside Flight sim on steam.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Very shortly Flyinside will be releasing our flight sim on steam, this is built from the ground up with many new scenery enhancements and numerous aircraft included. CH47 B737 T38 B310 and many more. The trial isn't on steam yet and if you want to try before you buy head over to the Flyinside store 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

17 REPLIES 17

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Has the trial increased now from 7 minutes? I'm hoping that was a bug.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
No bug and not my decision mate.......The 7 minutes is infinite but have to restart each time, I'll see if Dan will increase it a bit.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
OK no worries - I thought it was supposed to be 15 but when 7 showed I'd assumed it was a bug (I know a few others mentioned it).

Techy111
MVP
MVP
15 was for the Flyinside plugin mate.
Released on steam now, if anyone already has a copy from the store then contact us for a steam key 😉

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Good news, i was hoping this would come to steam just as to have everything in one place. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I bought the original version a couple of months ago.  I requested a Steam key and received it pretty well right after it was released on Steam.  I uninstalled my original version, then used the steam key to download and installed it on my D drive like all my other Steam games/apps.  I was surprised that it only took up ~14.5Gb of diskspace compared to ~40Gb with the original version (which I had installed on my SSD C drive).  Not sure why the big diff but this sure freed up a lot of my SSD diskspace, lol!  This all went well and my only complaint is that when I start up the sim I always get the windows UAC popup asking me if it's ok for this program to make changes on my PC, yes/no.  This is the first Steam app that I have ever had do this.  No real big deal though.

Overall, this sim continues to improve.  Buildings and ground textures look a little better but buildings  do not seem to reflect actual buildings at any locations like the Las Vegas Strip for example.  Hopefully these will improve over time.  Also, there still is no instrument lighting on the heli's so night flying with them is not very good.  I mainly sim with heli's so good building and street detail, and instrument lighting for night flying is kinda important to me.  The heli's are fun to fly though.

I'm looking forward to future improvement in 2019.  Thanks Flyinside developers!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Techy111
MVP
MVP
You should of seen beta/alpha  minus 100 mate lol it was a little different then 😉 I keep badgering Dan for the instrument lights and he'll get there soon I'm sure. We are looking at implementing different scenery at the mo and things can and will only get better. As for the smaller scenery size......Dan has done some voodoo stuff under the hood and optimised it all lol
Cannot help with the UAC thing though but I'll ask Dan.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Dan and the team will check for you mate. He said it sounds like a dependency isn't loading.

Email here changing at with the symbol.

malcolm"at"flyinside-fsx.com 

Also try turning UAC off then loading FFS then turn it back on ?

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
OK, I finally bought it. Didn't get my reduction, but I've sent an email about that.

Just hope it attracts some interest from devs and they don't overcharge us for 'converted' models. If they do, I'm knocking you off my Christmas card list! 😛

Well, I can't afford expensive add-ons and Christmas cards.....