cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Robo Recall Dungeon Master Mod!

StormyDoesVR
Heroic Explorer
Hey guys! Just back to quickly plug my newest mod, the Dungeon Master Map Pack!

It's a mod that randomly generates a 5x5 room dungeon every time you load the level,
meaning that you get a very different level almost every time, for lots of replayability! I'm actively developing it
and adding new features as well! ^^

6kstcr7l4qnw.jpg
Dungeon, Mid-generation in the UE4 editor
0tcesiq0skw9.png
Template showcase in MagicaVoxel

- Update -

I just released version 10! Version ten is the first version I'm calling a "stable" release of this mod. Granted it still has a few bugs, but it's the first version of the mod that functions pretty much like I want it too. I added a boss room, created a new enemy spawning system so that I can count the enemies that are spawned and then keep track of how many are left, and then added a level end sequence that will return you to the hub when all the enemies are defeated! I also changed the sounds from being one of the robo recall themes to being ambiences, and there are several different ones for the different rooms! I hope you guys enjoy the Insta-Dungeon!

- Original -

Here's a snapshot of the dungeon being generated during a simulation!

The dungeon is created currently using a 5x5 square, where each
x and y value calls a random integer from a list variable containing the names of all the different sublevels (which I use for room templates) and then streams that level into the persistent level! There are door you open metroid style by shooting, lots of enemies and a retro-pixelated dungeon aesthetic with robo recall thrown on top! Add the locomotion mod for smooth walking and you have yourself a Robo Recall dungeon crawler! I hope you all enjoy!

Download the mod here! - https://goo.gl/Jt2GEp
------------------------------
PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
0 REPLIES 0