cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rifft - Multiple Issues after update

Megiddohill
Honored Guest
Hey everyone, so I returned from a deployment and picked up my oculus rift again, it honestly ran perfectly before this update but now I'm having massive issues here: 

First off, I'm running it off of an Acer Predator 17 Laptop, i7 Processor, GEFORCE 1070 Graphic cards, 2.60 Ghz, 16 GB of Ram, Windows 10. 

Issues: 

- Homeroom loads and I have two "hand" images, one set of what I'm really doing, and the other a static "hands open". 

- Extremely choppy performance on both the homeroom and more graphic intense games

- A slight ripple distortion towards the center of the screen. 

- sometimes the homeroom menu with the store and library disappear after hitting the oculus button, and hitting it again does not bring it back. 

I'm running hardware from 2016, I'm wondering if it's just the actual rift dying? Looking for any help here folks.

1 REPLY 1

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I also had issues with 1.33. Try to run a full sensor setup and install the latest drivers for your video card. At least that seemed to work for me. Of course you could start by redoing sensor setup, maybe that'll be enough. According to Nvidia Forceware 417.35 includes new VR optimizations, so there may be reasons to install that driver (Oculus Support has recommended installing latest drivers if you experience problems with update 1.33). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"