cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchased second hand rift but no robo recall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all Merry christmas, just wanted to ask a quick question i have just got my rift and was looking forward to Robo Recall as i heard i was free when registering everything, thing is i do not see anything in my list do i not get it free if it is a second hand unit.

thanks in advanced

Andreas
3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP
Each pair of touch controllers can only register Roborecall once, to whichever account was active when the controllers were first set up. If it's second hand and the person you bought it from had used the controllers even once, then only they get Roborecall for free, not you.
The same for the other free Touch programs like Medium and Quill.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you, i guess theres no other way of getting it, like transferring it to me or giving me their old account

kojack
MVP
MVP
You could get them to give you the account. But I'm pretty sure that's against the Eula. That means they could always tell Oculus the account was hacked and get it back (after you've bought a few games) since they are the ones it's registered to.

Otherwise there's two ways to get it:
1 - buy the software directly (I don't know US prices, but the australian prices are $46.99 each for quill, medium and roborecall)
2 - buy a new set of touch controllers.

The free software actually costs more to buy stand alone than the touch/sensor bundle that comes with it for free.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2