cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI & USB 3.0 not found!

viltsu_tuomi
Honored Guest
b41ovhjmpbjb.png
My sensors are connected and work fine! But the Oculus itself won't connect. I have tried reinstalling the program, updating my drivers and changing the USB ports but it doesn't seem to have any effect what so ever.

My rig:
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
GeForce Game Ready Driver: v.417.35
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @2.70GHz
8GB RAM
SSD 128GB, HDD 1TB

The HDMI port worked well for my other pc-screen, so the problem isn't in the port. With my first attempt when I got the Rift all went well with the connection, until few minutes after, it gave me an error and it took me back to the connecting page. I Have tried unplugging the HDMI wire couple times, some times it shows it's connected but few seconds or a minute later it loses connection again!

I have had the Oculus Rift for 2 days for now and nothing seem to work for me.
If anyone has a solution to this problem please share it with the community! Thank you!

Ville Tuomi [Finland]

6 REPLIES 6

ethanashulman
Explorer
I've got a similar problem but all USB's are detected just no HDMI.

Richooal
Consultant

My sensors are connected and work fine! But the Oculus itself won't connect. I have tried reinstalling the program, updating my drivers and changing the USB ports but it doesn't seem to have any effect what so ever.

My rig:
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
GeForce Game Ready Driver: v.417.35
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @2.70GHz
8GB RAM
SSD 128GB, HDD 1TB

The HDMI port worked well for my other pc-screen, so the problem isn't in the port. With my first attempt when I got the Rift all went well with the connection, until few minutes after it, gave me an error and it took me back to the connecting page. I Have tried unplugging the HDMI wire multiple times, some times it shows it's connected but few seconds or a minute later it loses connection again!

I have had the Oculus Rift for 2 days for now and nothing seem to work for me.
If anyone has a solution to this problem please share it with the community! Thank you!

Ville Tuomi [Finland]

There are a lot of posts recently regarding HDMI not connected problems.

Common to a lot of them is the new 417.35 driver. Apparently their is an NVidia hotfix for that release. I don't know if the hotfix solves this problem.

I would suggest trying a known working driver, for example 416.94
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

SerErris
Explorer
I had the very same issue yesterday and in my case it is not driver related.

If you have checked the driver issue, I recommend to check the cable. Obviously you plugged the cable into the PC with USB3 and HDMI. But there is a plug on the other end of the cable directly plugged into the Rift. You can remove the face mask of the Rift (the thing that is directly touching your face). Below that, you can find the cable going into the rift. It is actually a plug, that is normally plugged into the rift. It might be (as it was in my case) that this plug is not sitting inside the female counterpart as it should be. Please pull the plug and reinsert. This might fix your issue.

The main indicator for that discconnection problem is, that the small LED inside the Rift is no longer lit white or amber.

Happy new year and hope it helps.

ethanashulman
Explorer
Indicator is lit amber for me and still doesn't work.

bwynne77
Honored Guest
Checked cable and downloaded Nvidia driver 416.94 and HDMI still not showing up

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

bwynne77 said:

Checked cable and downloaded Nvidia driver 416.94 and HDMI still not showing up

Hey bwynne77, have you tried the latest Nvidia driver (417.71)? We have had users report that the newest driver has helped with their display issues. Please feel free to create a support ticket at https://support.oculus.com if you need any further assistance. -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!