New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HDMI not connecting please help

hey everyone, been having the hdmi not connecting and really starting to get confused, i reinstalled windows 2 times, i pushed back my drivers, i got hdmi adapters usb 3.0 adapters etc, i borrowed my buddies hdmi cable from his oculus and still having the same issue, i went through multiple pages of forums, done just about everything and still nothing. when i plug in my vr headset the light is white and i can see my desktop background, so i know my vr is working but the software is just not detecting it

Comments

• bwynne77bwynne77 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I am having the exact same problem. Anyone out there have a solution?
  • hazmattchazmattc Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having same issue. After a day of trying everything I returned and got a new system. Had same problem with the new system. My computer is brand new (purchased just prior to Oculus) and is plenty powerful to handle system -- all drivers up to date. Tried displayport to HDMI adapter with no success. Looks like this one will be going back to Best Buy too. How is the HTC system?
  • pierre.jette.62pierre.jette.62 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I have read that the systems that have a graphic card on their motherboard AND a dedicated graphic board are working as follows. Once you switch to a soft render from the dedicated card, that card computes the frames then sends them on the motherboard graphic card. Thus, your device is always, in reality, connected to the motherboard card.
    Thus you have to disable completely the incorporated graphic card at he DOS level, usually at the startup of the machine.
    i had the very same problem, my machine is an ASUS laptop. ASUS has a software called "Game Ready" that lets you switch that. When you do the switch, the computer has to restart, so I assume that the software plays tricks on DOS.
    probably that you can do the same with your computer, using DOS at startup. Do not rely on automatic switching to dedicated graphis on the fly, it would not work (read above)
  • GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 439
    Trinity
    System information would be good from all those who are having problems, as Laptops have much bigger issues than Desktop PC's with the Oculus hardware. 
    HDMI issues on a desktop are easily solved (or at least the problem is easily found out), while as pierre.jette.62 pointed out, Laptops can have hardware issues that prevent Oculus from running on them. (Though, I would suggest NOT disabling your integrated graphics on a laptop unless you absolutely are sure you know what you are doing.)  

PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • Happydays898Happydays898 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Im having the same problem it wont connect to HDMI but it connect to all my sensors
    PLEASE HELP
  • SFGSnIpEr425SFGSnIpEr425 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Same here, someone for god sake, please fix this issue. Everyone is telling you that we are all having this issue. And then I go back to play one day working, the next day, not working. I'm really getting sick of this. 
  • vikkolvikkol Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    yes, PLEASE fix it.
  • whoabtimewhoabtime Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Make sure hdmi adapter has 4k support rift won't work with hdmi adapter that only support 1080p
  • maxmt123maxmt123 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here. HP Pavillion desktop with amd radeon rx 580 graphics. Got my Oculus about a year ago and it worked great for the first 8 or 9 months. Then I had my first issues with drivers. Rolled back to Radeon Crimson Relive 17 (maybe 17.4.4) and it worked for a while until a windows update messed that up. Now I'm battling to get an HDMI connection. Had one briefly last night by rolling back to the crimson relive driver, but just sound no picture. I'm also experiencing many amd 1603 errors during my driver installs, but that is probably not the oculus' fault.

I am fairly confident that it is a driver issue because the hardware is all tested to work and messing with the drivers has mixed results. The 1603 errors are definitely limiting my ability to fix the problem as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.