New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

HOW TO SETUP ON WIN 10 PC

Admin883Admin883 Posts: 2
NerveGear
NEED HELP SETTING UP OCULUS GO ON WIN 10 PC.  Support is not responding.  I believe they are overwhelmed and useless.  May just have Credit Card Company return and refund my money.  
Searching the Categories and threads is a joke.
Tagged:

Answers

• Admin883Admin883 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Support with Oculus is overwhelmed and does not respond
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 532
    Neo
    You cannot setup a Go with win10.  You need to use an approved ios or android smartphone to initially set it up.  Have a look at the oculus website for setup info.  For example;

https://support.oculus.com/183135912238400/

Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • cbc4120cbc4120 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    You actually don't need a smartphone for your Oculus Go. An android device running 7.1 or better should work. I was able to setup my Go using a Minix Neo U9-H media player. Just make sure if you have an android device that it's capable of using the full version of the Google Play store. If you have an Apple TV box, that may work as well. Just go to the Apple store for the Go app.
    After you're up and running; your issues will be with overheating warnings and shortness of battery time. Other than that enjoy your Go.