cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is My Oculus Rift Blurry? Someone please help

Superpotato3123
Honored Guest
I am lucky enough to have an incredible PC with an RTX 2070 8gb graphics card and a i7-9700k processor but still i feel like my rift is blurry it might just be me being picky and this is just how the oculus is if not hen please help.
Already to tried and improve quality by using the oculus debug tool to increase super sampling to 2. It might just be me but if there is anything please say.

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know - but you can't really expect the same sharpness out of the screens in the rift as you would a 1080p/1440p/4k monitor. I mean in future VR headsets I am sure it will get there - but right now, it is what it is... it is sharp enough for myself that I can run Bigscreen and enjoy watching a movie on it, and I am on a GTX970 so no real super sampling going on so to speak.

The true spectacle in VR is how is the sense of scale and depth that 6dof achieves right now - visuals will improve as newer headsets come out and computing power improves.

Some things that you can do to make sure you get the most enjoyable experience in a headset - is make sure the fit is proper, run through the calibration setup and if you require glasses make sure you can wear them in the headset. It will not make the resolution any more sharp than the actual displays are capable of, but it should get it to the most crisp picture that it is capable of and because your system is capable of super-sampling you may notice some additional sharpness to the software image that is getting sent to the displays.

The biggest thing is making sure you have it fit correctly on your head - and then just enjoy it for the experience that is on offer, the depth and scale of the image is not something that can be related back to a monitor so it is very much a unique experience that can only be seen through a headset and in my opinion even at this early stage in the game it is an effect that is worth seeing.

Superpotato3123
Honored Guest
ok thank you,i guess i just wanted to maximise my experience :smiley: SimonSays28 said:

I don't know - but you can't really expect the same sharpness out of the screens in the rift as you would a 1080p/1440p/4k monitor. I mean in future VR headsets I am sure it will get there - but right now, it is what it is... it is sharp enough for myself that I can run Bigscreen and enjoy watching a movie on it, and I am on a GTX970 so no real super sampling going on so to speak.

The true spectacle in VR is how is the sense of scale and depth that 6dof achieves right now - visuals will improve as newer headsets come out and computing power improves.

Some things that you can do to make sure you get the most enjoyable experience in a headset - is make sure the fit is proper, run through the calibration setup and if you require glasses make sure you can wear them in the headset. It will not make the resolution any more sharp than the actual displays are capable of, but it should get it to the most crisp picture that it is capable of and because your system is capable of super-sampling you may notice some additional sharpness to the software image that is getting sent to the displays.

The biggest thing is making sure you have it fit correctly on your head - and then just enjoy it for the experience that is on offer, the depth and scale of the image is not something that can be related back to a monitor so it is very much a unique experience that can only be seen through a headset and in my opinion even at this early stage in the game it is an effect that is worth seeing.

LZoltowski
Champion
Do you wear glasses? Some people discover that even though they don't wear glasses usually they find out that they have trouble focusing at 1.5 meters (which is what the Rift is).
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
When did you get it your rift, i found after a year plus of using my Rift and only the micro fiber that it got to the stage that i really needed to give the lenses a good clean with something else rather than just the microfiber, so i wet the cloth and gave my rift lenses a careful clean, and it worked wonders, so much so that i then grabbed a pack of 43mm watch face lense covers from amazon to stick on the rift lenses, and now my cleaning worries are over for the rift....so might be worth giving them a damp very careful wipe with the micorcloth and see if that helps, and if it does grab a pack of those watch face protectors.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just received my third replacement Rift. All three have had glue smudges behind the lenses. When trying to look through these sections of the lens, there is a noticeable drop in visual quality. So check your lenses. Rotate the headset around under a light source.

https://imgur.com/a/6n3lGDk

Richy_T
Explorer
Mine annoyingly often picks up grease smudges from my forehead when I push it up when I just need to peek at something in the real world quickly. It doesn't take much to make it annoying.