New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Custom music in Oculus home app

RudalplRudalpl Posts: 38
Brain Burst
Hello.
Has any one cracked the system already and know if (or how) we can add our own music to Oculus Home so it plays in the background?
I'm not saying that the default music is bad it's just that it would be nice to listen to something else from time to time.   :smile:

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,650 Volunteer Moderator
    Unfortunately not at the moment. However, you could turn off the music completely and play Spotify for example. You could pin a Spotify window into your VR environment and control it from there.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,360
    3Jane
    It should not require any hacks. This is a Social Media Device and it has anti-society built into it already. Dash should have a simple media player and they should not be discriminating against non-SSE4.2 PCs. It should be as PC is intended for open platform.
  • RudalplRudalpl Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    I do feel sometimes like I'm on the console when I use VR.

Yes, I'm aware that we can use "third party" players was just hoping that there is a way.  ;)