New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[Serious issue] Left eye always showing white screen with colored vertical lines

ingolauingolau Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited January 2019 in Support
Hi all, I am having a serious issue with my Oculus Rift.
The left eye of the rift is ALWAYS ON even when I am not wearing the headset, it is always displaying this white thing with some colored vertical lines no matter what I do.
I have never dropped it or do any damage to it, no extension cable or anything were used, it just happens.

Here is what I have tried:
- Replug and tried different USB and HDMI port countless times
- Changed 3 different PCs with different low end to high end display cards (1080ti/1050ti)
- Tried different programs and software

Is this case beyond saving? 
The Rift was purchased off Amazon Nov-2018.
I hope Oculus can help me with this case, I barely used it and spent quite an mount just to get it working.

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    It looks like it might be a hardware failure. Please submit a support ticket here so that one of the Oculus support staff can assist you better.

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • greysungreysun Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Did you ever figure this out? I've had 2 headsets die in two days. Both with black screen in the right eye, one with normal video ok the left, the other with the colored stripes on the left.